Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i must have been absent in school this day.:whistle: trying to place this in my mind it's not working. 90 acre's = about how many square miles or relate to me how big is a acre a football field ? 90 acre's a good chunk of land? sorry been a city boy most all my life. so i cant relate.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
90 acres would be .140625 sq miles.
A square mile is 640 acres. Each acre is 43,560 square feet.
A football field is 300 feet long by 160 feet wide, without the end zones. That would be 48,000 sq ft. So that's just a little over the 43,560 sq ft in an acre.
A square 40 acre piece of land is 1/4 mile by 1/4 mile. An 80 is 1/4 mile by 1/2 mile. So you're looking at just a shade over that. Of course it may be irregular shaped, but that should give you something to relate to.
Many subdivison lots are 1/4 to 1/2 of an acre. Some of the newer ones are a little smaller at .20 acres or so. So maybe that would give you another way to look at it.
I would say 90 acres is a decent sized piece of land. It's all a matter of what you're used to hunting or being around. For what it's worth, I've killed deer on places alot smaller. Hopefully that helps.

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
Whether or not 90 acres is a good chunck of land depends on where it is and what the habitat is like. Here in the south east, it's a fair amount of land, but not a large amount of land. If it's the right kind of habitat, it could be enough for one or two hunters if they don't hunt it too hard. Out west, it's next to nothing. They measure land by sections (a section is 640 acres or one square mile) out there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.