Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always shot an 870 turkey hunting until 2 years ago when I purchased a super black eagle 2. The reason for the switch was that it patterned way better. I am now ready to give my 870 a makeover. Any suggestions? I was thinking of adding a tactical stock with recoil reduction and a jellyhead choke. Has anyone else added one of these stocks to their turkey gun?

·
Administrator
84,084 Posts
Here's my 870 with a Knoxx recoil reducing stock on it set up for HD. I can take off the mag extension and change out to a 26 or 28" barrel and it's ready to hunt with, or I could keep the current barrel for a little more compact package.

Gun Firearm Trigger Shotgun Rifle

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
You can and I have used a scope (red dot) with the knoxx stock on the 870. Blackhawk makes the cheek piece and you can get it for $13. I had the Knoxx on my 12ga but changed to the sureshot by Remington and like it better. Still have the knoxx on my 20ga. 870.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I like the sureshot better myself but I use a red dot. The sureshot stock has a higher comb and works well with optics, but if I was going to shot the beed sight I would stick with the Knoxx. If you get you a Jelly Head and polish your bore your 870 will be as good or better than your SBE 2. I shoot #7 H13 and the Jelly Head 660 is awsome with that load. If you want to shoot bigger shot like #4 or #5 you might need the Jelly Head 665 or a Pure Gold 670.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts