Arkansas Hunting banner

7mm Mag?

1K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  BUCKSHOT_106 
#1 ·
I've recently acuired a Winchester Model 70 7mm Mag. It is bolt action and has a black syn. stock. It come with a Burris 3*9*40 scope that seams to be very clear. Just shot it for the first time today and It surprised me that it had about the same recoil as a 30-06. Anyone else shoot a 7mag any tips, advice, or pointer?? :biggrin:

#3 ·
I shoot a 7mm mag and just love it. Not to bad at all on the shoulder. Hurts a little in the wallet though!

I've been shooting Federal loaded Accubond's for deer for a while now. Way too much bullet, but I got them cheap, they shoot remarkably well, and they tend to kill deer before they hit the ground.

My gun also really likes Remington Core-lokts. Cheap (relatively speaking), easy to find, and more than good enough for deer.

My gun also happens to like the mid-weight bullets much more than the heavy weights. Haven't tried enough on the low end to form an opinion.

Congrats on a great gun. Enjoy!

#13 ·
Yah theres 20 in a box.... its not cheap:mad:

Are the balistic tips that much ($65)better than the regular?
7mm 140 grain Ballistic Tips are $30/100, or 30 cents each, at Midway. They are good bullets, but not 3.25 per round good. The most expensive part of factory ammo is the brass. The bullet, primer and powder don't add much to the overall cost.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.