Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
11,693 Posts
My brother in law has a 7mm-08 in the nef gun and it is a pleasure to shoot and does a great job. If you're wanting an nef in a short action I would probably go with the 308 just because of ammo costs and a bit more power than the 243. I don't think you would see much of a recoil difference between that and 7mm. if any.

· Registered
5,974 Posts
I have had one gun, that I regretted selling, it was a TC Encore in 7mm-08. Great rifle and an even greater cartridge. I am wanting to get a new one in bolt action of some type. That being said, I am a .284 cal fan. They are all a little more for ammo, as not as many are made as .30, or .24 caliber cartridges.

· Registered
1,716 Posts
I haven't really found the 7mm-08 ammo to be any more expensive than any other cal's. but then again, I am buying the same premium ammo for all of my rifles..... Hornady light mag.... SST's ... and it is the same across the board where I buy it.

Not sure if that is good or bad. But the price , none-the-less , is cheaper than any place else I have looked.

MET

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.