Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry this is a long post.

So I was shooting my tc encore pro hunter 7mag Sunday to make sure it was still on and was also switching ammo so I wanted to make sure it shot the same, so I thought I would fire off a few rounds. Made the first shot and adjusted a few clicks then shot a 3 shot group in a clover leaf 1" high at 100 yards, this being with Winchester supreme 140 grain ballistic tips. I was feeling pretty happy with how my gun was shooting so then I moved back to 200 Switch ammo over to Hornady 139 grain American hunter and was almost 5" high at 200 (shooting off of a sled). Shot a few more and was grouping within an inch still 5" high at 200. Then I moved back to 100 yards and clicked it down to 1" high and got it grouping again. By this point I didn't wanna burn anymore ammo so I stopped.

My my question is is the different ammo making that much difference or can someone explain to me what is going on? I'm not ballistics savvy by any means and it kind of confused me. Also now that I am dialed back in at 1" high at 100 shouldn't I be zeroed at 200?

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
I've always shot 140gr core-lokt in mine. I've always been able to find them anywhere. This year all I can find is 150gr after looking at 4 different stores. I've got a box of the 139gr. in the truck now. I'll shoot them tomorrow.

1 inch high at 100 should be close to dead on at 200. Maybe a little low.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.