Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a beautiful Ruger #1 in 7 STW. I know there are at least a couple other guys on here that shoot the caliber.
I know Nosler is the ONLY game in town for factory ammo and based on what Ive been reading tonight they are the only game in town for brass to reload too.

Anybody got any information on where to buy anything for this rifle or do I sell my kid to buy a case and have a lifetime supply?

·
Registered
It changes from time to time
6,015 Posts
I would spend time searching used equipment sites (Gunbroker, etc) looking for bargain brass until I either found enough to get a start or gave up and bought what I could afford. Comes with the territory when you buy a scarce cartridge gun. Other folks with a stash are doing the same thing and aren't likely to let it go. Also research whether another more commoncase can be reformed, like .308 Win to .358.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Appreciate the replies.

It is a Stainless Steel Laminate Ruger #1, Buckmasters Conservation Edition that I won in a raffle for 40.00 in 2002. It had a Nikon Buckmasters 4x14 on it.

So I aint got much in it but fond memories...

·
Registered
12,769 Posts
When I bought mine I ordered 200 pieces of brass from Midway. I havent searched for any in a long time. I might need to join the search...as we know some brass can be hard to find....like 300 remington ultra mag. ...I even have a hard time finding 22-250. I just started buying factory ammo to shoot for the brass.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.