Arkansas Hunting banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
Ducks have gotten smarter. We are better hunters now than back then. Well, some of us are.
Just like every thing that survives that people try to kill. Game gets smarter than the ones that die or they all die.
A small sample we have seen over the years is the spinning wing decoy. I’ve seen more ducks in Arkansas flare off a spinner than land over the last 15 years. But I saw some birds a couple weeks ago absolutely land all over one in another state. Those birds hadn’t seen the gauntlet they will by the time they get to Arkansas though.

·
Registered
860 Posts
How many spooners you think they stomped in the mud??? I don’t see a single “trash” duck in the strap... certainly no hoodies there!!!
Straight killas....
I wonder how many days before opener those TUGS had to camp out at the ramp to be on the “X”?

·
Registered
7,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I was a year old when they started that.
So I guess you old when you can remember shooting the old Peter’s paper hull high flyers #4’s out of a Sears and Roebuck Model 300 equipped with a Cutt’s Compensator hanging on the end of the barrel?

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
So I guess you old when you can remember shooting the old Peter’s paper hull high flyers #4’s out of a Sears and Roebuck Model 300 equipped with a Cutt’s Compensator hanging on the end of the barrel?
The guys I work with say that I’m not young anymore. So you probably don’t fit in the young crowd either. Heck, they don’t even know what sears and Roebuck or Peters are, much less seen them.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts