7.7 Japanese WWII Rifle

Discussion in 'Trading Post' started by Rebel, Dec 22, 2010.

1. Rebel

Rebel Well-Known Member

I have one and would be willing to sell or trade for a 22 magnum , or any other firearm for that matter. This one still has the Chrysanthemum on the reciever , which means it was not surrendered but more than likely taken off of a fallen soldier. No auctions please , if you are interested please pm me an offer and I will send pics.

2. headhunter_60

headhunter_60 Super Member<br>2010 Deer Hunting Contest Winner

3. gunrunner1983

gunrunner1983 Well-Known Member

7.7 jap

Hey man not sure if ya need a good muzzle loader but I have a like new cva wolf bought it new in box in oct. Its been shot exactly 10 times its blue with a black stock. And it shoots awesome.

4. Rebel

Rebel Well-Known Member

Not really looking for a muzzleloader. Thanks anyway.

5. Rebel

Rebel Well-Known Member

Pics

Here are the pics , pretty sure it is a type 99.
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]

6. Rebel

Rebel Well-Known Member

More pics

[​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]

7. leserz

leserz Well-Known Member

looks like the front of the stock has been cut down. still nice

8. headhunter_60

From what I can tell it is a type 99 but part of the stock has been cut down and the bolt has been bent. If the barrel is 31.4 inches long it is the long model, if it is 26 inches then it is the short. My collectors book reference guide says a poor condition gun is worth about 125, fair=175, good= 400, very good=550, and Exc= 700. Hope this was of help to you.

9. Rebel

Rebel Well-Known Member

So judging by the pics and considering the modifications what condition would you say it is in?

10. lonwen99

lonwen99 Member<br>2010-11 Deer Hunting Contest Winner

With the stock being cut and bolt bent back , almost no collector value . I have never seen one with the bolt bent like that , most are bent straight down . I bet it is still a good shooter though . Very strong actions . I have two jap guns . Nice gun though.:thumb::flag:

11. leserz

leserz Well-Known Member

headhunter 60 with the V rear sight would that be a last ditch 99 ?

12. headhunter_60

It depends on how much you want to let it go for, from a collector stand point the modifications to it render it in poor shape. It also appears like the lower half of the buttstock is cracked. If the barrel still has strong rifling and no pitting I would probably put it in between the Fair and Poor grade. I forgot to mention that prices were if all parts have matching numbers and the full Mum. It has the full Mum.

13. Rebel

Rebel Well-Known Member

It has matching numbers , rifling is good ,as far as the stock goes I actually think that might be two different pieces of wood. I know that sounds crazy but the grain doesnt match up and it is a perfect straight line between the two. I could be wrong on that though.

14. headhunter_60

15. Rebel

Rebel Well-Known Member

Well I'm not going to give it away but have no use for it. I would trade it for just about anything that I would use , preferably a 22 magnum , even if it is beat up. 22 ,17 , tacklebox 22 revolver , whatever. If you want it shoot me an offer , you aint gonna make me mad. I would prefer pm's on any cash offers just so we can stay away from the auction thing but I would really rather trade for something. I like trading!:thumb:

16. leserz

leserz Well-Known Member

all the stocks on the 99's are two piece they are dove tailed together .take off the butt plate and you can see.wood was scarce thats why the bottom of the stock is two pieces .

17. Rebel

Rebel Well-Known Member

10-4

18. lonwen99

lonwen99 Member<br>2010-11 Deer Hunting Contest Winner

leserz , you are right about the stock , all i have seen are two piece .:thumb::flag:

19. leserz

leserz Well-Known Member

i have had two of them in the past eash i got were sportsterised 1 st was a .308 2 nd was a 22-250 the first one darrn near killed me.:eek:

20. headhunter_60

I missed the part about the buttstock, didn't have that in the book but I see the photo and it has two difference pieces