Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Why enforce the laws...we'll just make it legal to abuse the youth hunt! Way to go AGFC!

The real question is: Do you think this will increase more abuse of the youth hunt or increase the numbers of our young hunters exposed to hunting?

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
So anyone 15 and younger can hunt, and anyone 65 and older can hunt. But, if you are between the ages of 16 and 64 you cannot hunt. Sounds kind of like age descrimination.

How about everyone no matter what age you are go hunting at the same time. If you have kids or know kids that want to go, take them. Why do we need a weekend to introduce kids to hunting, why not take advantage of the whole season dedicated to kids, family, and friends.

·
Super Moderator
7,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was waiting for someone to give a good reason before I spoke out. I can not think of one. I am open to change my mind if I can be given a good enough reason.

I think this is about the worst move the G&F has made in a long time.
The youth hunt was created so the hunt could be for the youth. If they want to hunt 30 min., goof off, or hunt hard all day it was their choice. I can't hunt so I don't care. It is their hunt. Now grandpa can drag out his little grandaughter and force her to go to get an early chance at a buck.
After all most people 65+ are retired and can hunt more than most.

I feel like this will lead to more abuse of the Youth hunt.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Well if you live long enough you will join us and you might change your mind. I am over 65 and work everyday. BUt what a joy to be out with grandchildren hunting. We have few years left so why not let us enjoy them. LIke I say someday hopefuly you will join us.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
It gives another opportunity to hunt, maybe not for everyone but it will be if we make it to 65. We should be worried about losing days to hunt, not extra days.

Poachers are going to poach not matter what the regs say.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
I live in a small town and dont lock my doors at night? Not gonna live my life in fear of someone stealing something of mine.

The poachers dont need entry the will do it regardless!!! Just like locking your doors is not going to stop a thief they will find a way in.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I live in a small town and dont lock my doors at night? Not gonna live my life in fear of someone stealing something of mine.

The poachers dont need entry the will do it regardless!!! Just like locking your doors is not going to stop a thief they will find a way in.
It seems you are living your life in fear of missing out on a few days of hunting, since you are in favor of the youth/senior hunt. Why not invest in family the whole season, and lock the door on others abusing the system?

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
neither one of these hunts profit me, I am 26 years old grandparents are dead and I have no childern.

I just dont see any problem with giving another oppurtinity to hunters. You will 65 someday and then you can hunt then too.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts

Reggie doesn't live in fear of thieves either, but you better believe he locks his doors.

And yes, sometime locks only stop honest men. However, just because "they will find a way in" doesn't rationalize larceny.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
neither one of these hunts profit me, I am 26 years old grandparents are dead and I have no childern.

I just dont see any problem with giving another oppurtinity to hunters. You will 65 someday and then you can hunt then too.
Be careful, you're already on the slippery slope. Why stop with youth/65 year olds? What about an additional weekend for disabled persons to hunt? An additional weekend for retired veterans to hunt?

Can you think of an argument against an additional weekend for current men and women serving in the armed forces to hunt?.....Reggie can't.....

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Those hunts would be fine with me. Hopefully it would get the number of hunters up to help fight against the ANTI's. The more hunters the more voices can be heard. I think the Vet's and Service men or women have more than earned a special hunt for them.

I know where you can name all different types of groups that deserve a hunt but they havent been given that chance yet. This youth hunt was already going to happen why not give the 65+ a chance then to. The 65+ being added is not keeping you out the woods any longer is it.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.