63 years

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by sam, Dec 4, 2012.

1. sam

sam Grand Member

Yesterday I went to Little Rock for my Aunt Ouida's retirement celebration, it was also her 90th birthday. She's my Dad's baby sister. She has been the editor of , what used to be the Rural Arkansas, Arkansas Living Magazine. She's worked for the REA for 63 years. She also still drives all over Little Rock, Arkansas and anywhere else she wants to go. An amazing lady.

First picture, left to right, my oldest sister, Ouida's son, my middle sister, Aunt Ouida, my daughter and of course me.

[​IMG]
    photo sharing

Latest cover of the Magazine

[​IMG]
    picture hosting

2. AR Thumper

AR Thumper Well-Known Member

Camden
    Congradulations on her retirement & Beautiful Family!

3. odocoi

odocoi Well-Known Member

I believe she earned it!!

4. BowHunter21

BowHunter21 Select Member<br>2015-16 Deer Hunting Contest Winn

Sheridan
    Boy I sure envy her.. That's some dang good work ethics if I've ever seen it!

5. GotPork

GotPork Select Member<br>Forum Sponsor<br>The Naked Retrei

congrats to your aunt and for all her years of service!!:clap:

6. ike1986

ike1986 Well-Known Member

I read her story in the magazine today, heck of a career.

7. speedygman

speedygman Well-Known Member

Wow!! 63 years with the same employeer is unheard of. I've been with same employeer for 14 years and I feel like an old timer around there.

Congrats to her!!

8. sam

sam Grand Member

Yep, she's something else. Like I said above she still lives and drives all over Little Rock everyday and thinks nothing about jumping in her car and heading up to St Louis to see her youngest son and his family. Drives up here to the old home place every couple of weeks and raids my garden. She never misses a home Razorback football game and makes a lot of the home basketball games. She's always done things her way, she majored in Home Economics and Chemistry in college, the Home Ec was expected, the chemistry was because she was keeping her options open to go to Med school. She never did get around to medical school, said she was too busy, but her youngest son is a MD.

9. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

NE Ark
  10. Bowhuntr

Bowhuntr Well-Known Member

Congrats to her. We get that magazine and I was just looking at her on the cover yesterday. Good job Ouida!

11. BDW

BDW Premium Member<br>Merganser Slayer<br>2011 Turkey

That's awesome!! :up:

12. tkcampb1

tkcampb1 Well-Known Member

WOW! She sounds amazing! Congratulations to her!!!!!!!

13. deltabowhunter

deltabowhunter Well-Known Member

I got my magazine in the mail with her picture on it just the other day.