Arkansas Hunting banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Christensen ELR. I sent the gun back to the factory when I first experienced the problem. They spun a new barrel on and got it back in 3weeks. The second barrel had the same problem. To Christensen's credit they are not the only gunmakers with this issue. It's well documented online. Search "6.5PRC bolt click".

My really like my Christensen ELR after getting it lined out. It's a shooter.
Yeah, I've never really considered Christensen when looking for a new rifle with their spotty history. Glad you were able to get it lined out though.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Well I went ahead and ordered my new 6.5 PRC today. It should be in by Friday. I went ahead and got the Christensen Traverse. Now I just gotta find dies and some ammo.
Somehow I saw that comin'. Congrats brother. I'm sure you've probably checked, but Midway has free shipping, ammo, and dies in stock. Don't know about brass, but a couple of boxes of ammo gets you started.

·
Member<br>2014-15 Bow Hunting Contest Winner
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Somehow I saw that comin'. Congrats brother. I'm sure you've probably checked, but Midway has free shipping, ammo, and dies in stock. Don't know about brass, but a couple of boxes of ammo gets you started.
Yeah I am pretty predictable. I just left Ft. Thompson with 5 boxes of ammo. Now I am getting dies from online. I have plenty of powder for this hungry beast.

·
Member<br>2014-15 Bow Hunting Contest Winner
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Did they have ELDX in stock? If so how much was it if you remember?
I had to sweet talk the guy at the counter to go back and see if they had any. He brought out 2 boxes so I bought them and 3 of the ELD-Match boxes. They were all 54.99/box. Only thing else they had was 140g Fusion. I don’t particularly care for the fusion stuff or federal brass and their primer pockets. Especially for 69.99/box.

·
Grand Member
16,335 Posts
Midway has the Hornady 143 eld-x in stock right now, $59 a box, but ship'n is free. They have dies in stock too, I got the Hornady Custom Grade New Dimension 2-Die Set last week from them. Fort Thompson had a few boxes of Hornady 143 eld-x bullets and factory ammo, but no dies last week.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I think the prc is a good round, I already had a creedmor and a 26 nosler and didn’t need 3 6.5’s. The needmor was a gift from my wife and there was no way I was letting the 26 go. I have a CA Mesa LR in 300prc barrel breaking took about 80 rounds to start tightening up….. it will now shoot 1moa but I had my doubts, I expected better from CA.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts