54 cal muzzleloader

Discussion in 'Muzzleloading' started by michale34, Dec 20, 2010.

1. michale34

michale34 Well-Known Member

I gut jot a knight 54 cal muzzleloader I was wondering if any one ever had one and how good are they.

2. dirtdart

dirtdart Well-Known Member

Back in 1995 I bought two MK85 Knight Predator muzzleloaders. One in 50cal and one in 54cal. The wife never went so I just started using the 50cal since it was easier to find bullets for. Sold the 54cal.

Both of the MK85's were very accurate. Still use the 50cal in it's original condition. Still use No.11 caps and all. Never upgraded to 209 primers. It does fine the way it is. Still a great shooter.

3. John Stiles

John Stiles Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner

This thread just won't do without pictures.....:razz:

4. THExONE

THExONE Moderator<br>Deer Hunting<br>2011-12 Deer Hunting

I have a 54 that I like. I also have a 50 that I shoot more often, easier to find bullets. I also have a old school 58 that gets shoot once in a blue moon.

The 54 lays the smack down and hurts my sholder. The 50 shoots nice and smooth. Both are CVA.

5. dirtdart

dirtdart Well-Known Member

OK John

Here's mine....Just a plane ole MK 85 Predator

[​IMG]

6. John Stiles

John Stiles Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner

Purty!:up:

7. michale34

michale34 Well-Known Member

thats what mine looks like but its been camo the gun shop told me to use powerbelt bullets in it they would shoot real good in it.

8. bayman1975

bayman1975 Select Member<br>2014-2015 Deer Hunting Contest W

By Homeland Security's definition, any weapon calibered over .50 is considered a Weapon of Mass Destruction (WMD).

9. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator

NE Ark
    Actually most firearms over .50 cal are classified as a Destructive Devices under NFA, with a few exceptions. NFA is enforced by BATFE.

Do you have a link to the Homeland Security definition listing above .50 cal a WMD? I haven't seen that one.

Muzzle loaders aren't classified as firearms by BATFE.

10. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator

NE Ark
    I have one of the original MK-85's in .54 caliber. It has brought a lot of venison home over the years but hasn't been out of the safe in probably 10 years. I still have quite a bit of 54 cal components. My intentions is to use it if I ever hunted somewhere that didn't allow optics on a muzzle loader.

11. leserz

leserz Well-Known Member

any knight is a good one. as long as it was taken care of as far as cleaning / oiling goes.