Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a reminder gang, there's a black powder shoot in Beryville this coming weekend, Friday Sept. 26 through the 28th.

There's a covered firing line at the rifle/pistol range and a trap range for you front-stuffing shotgunners out there.

Resitration fees are from $5 to $15 depending on the match, and camping is $10, $15 if you want electricity.

Lotsa traders with all manner of goods pertaining to the building, feeding, and maintenance of muzzle stuffing shooting irons.

Come on down, you may even see me there! I'll be humbling myself once again...:smack:

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well its hard to say where I'll be. Look for a 34' Fleetwood Storm RV, we'll have the grill fired up with something on it. Last year we parked on the right side of the road just about 150' inside the gate, and we're sorta shooting for that spot again. Its first come first served, so I don't know where we'll be.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'll be over there Friday afternoon for sure, meeting a friend from another forum I've never met in person. Looking forward to that.

I may come back on Saturday for a little while between squirrel hunts.:biggrin:

I hope you guys get the space you want and have a heck of a good time, maybe I'll even get to see ya.

Spot

·
Registered
120 Posts
Come on down, you may even see me there!
I got the chance to meet the flintknapper at the Berryville shoot, was a genuine pleasure and I'm glad to have had the opportunity.

I went out on Friday afternoon, was supposed to meet up with an acquaintance from another forum but he never made it. I was just walking around lookin' at stuff and talking to people, which is what I usually do out there. I ran across a gentleman I've corresponded with online for nearly ten years, and I talked to him for over an hour.

I talked to Suzi Biccio, Danny Caywood, and Mike Pierce, and saw a couple of other people I also consider to be quality gun builders. I handled a Jackie Brown Carolina Smoothbore that weren't near as pretty as mine:biggrin: and looked at the ugliest custom Hawken I've ever seen. There was at least one of the old Hatfield rifles for sale there (the guy that built those rifles was from the Hatfield family that feuded with the McCoys) - I'm not a fan of those rifles but there was also a Pedersoli Blue Ridge rifle in .36 laying right next to it. I AM a fan of those, used to have one in .32 but traded it away a few years back.:smack: This one was percussion, I would rather have it in flintlock.

All in all it was a good time. Flintknapper, thanks for the hospitality, I enjoyed the chance to meet you and your friend, hope to see you again at the next one.

Spot

·
Registered
50 Posts
Well, I was going to post some pics from Saturday. But I don't have enough posts on here to link to other sites. I think I'll go back again this after noon and see if I can't locate flintknapper. LOL

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
All in all it was a good time. Flintknapper, thanks for the hospitality, I enjoyed the chance to meet you and your friend, hope to see you again at the next one.

Spot
Well sir, it was a real treat to meet you, too! I just wish you'd have stayed for supper :eating:

I haven't unpacked the motor hippy-house yet, we just got back. Ya know, loading and shooting and cleaning and loading and shooting and cleaning will just wear you out! I'm always pleasantly impressed at how friendly the people always are at Berryville, and I'm glad to say Mr. Spot is truely one of those fine folks. :biggrin:

It was a smallish gathering, but super fun and friendly. No, I didn't take home any trophies or the 50 lbs. of soft lead they raffled off, but a good time was had by all.

A super fellow I met last time brough some samples of flintknapping art that a friend of his did, WOW was I impressed. Clovis, serrated Daltons, Cumberlands fluted clear up to the tip, and Kahokia points that were bloody perfect. I mentioned My wifes birthday is today, and I told him to think about what he's have to have for one of the Kahokia points, I was thinking about making her a necklace out of one.... Danged if he didn't track me down and GIVE me one to take to her! :eek: Could have knocked me over with a feather, now I have another friend for life. :thumb:

The best thing I saw was the kids that were shooting. If youngsters are any indication, the future of black powder shooting is in great shape. Now I gotta talk my kids into going next trip.

Ambusher, I'm sorry I didn't meat up with you, but we had to leave early due to my wife's birthday and a friend of ours (who usually comes to this shoot) lost his wife this morning, so we needed to go see him. Hopefully next time!

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You guys ain't gonna believe this but...

I got a certificate in the mail today saying I shot Third place on the crow target percussion or flint, and I was shooting flint!

We weren't even serious, and I was having to aim about 4" low at the 25 yard targets. Shoot, I may have to sight that thing in now! :biggrin:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.