5 more tree ninjas

Discussion in 'Small Game and Bird Hunting' started by splitbrow, Dec 18, 2010.

1. splitbrow

splitbrow Well-Known Member

Got out to road hunt Rage at 7 a.m. Thought they'd be movin good early in the misty fog but nothin but den trees til about 8:30. He treed about 12 to 15 times mostly being den trees. Couple of times he went all the way to the top of a steep mountain and treed so I didn't even try to get those. its a blast watchin these dogs hunt! Had to leave about 10 to go do some last minute christmas shoppin. Gonna go try and fill my last buck tag this evening!

[​IMG]

2. woodsnwater

woodsnwater Well-Known Member

Looks like you had a good hunt there.

3. kendract

kendract Well-Known Member

4. englishdawgs

englishdawgs Well-Known Member

Man that is a good looking dog. Congrats on the hunt there is nothing like a good tree rat dog.:up:

5. woodsnwater

If I had the time I like to go with a dog. I am pretty much booked in January. I use to coon hunt with my Dad. I am sure it's a lot like that.

6. splitbrow

splitbrow Well-Known Member

yea its alot of fun with dogs. been workin with him on coons here lately. we got 4 the last two nights on some short hunts.

7. hossmiller

hossmiller Well-Known Member

Looks like a blast. What kinda dog is it?

8. Tink

Tink Platinum Member<br>2011-2012 Bowhunting Contest Te

Looks like a good hunt fighting those tree ninjas.

9. 7 point

7 point Well-Known Member

Yea what kinda dog is that? My wife is about ready to give in and "let" me get a dog.

10. woodsnwater

Looks like a curr. I had a mountain curr when I was young. One heck of a coon dog. If I remember right Mountain/leopard curr? I think. If I ever get a squirrel dog a curr is what I want.

11. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator

NE Ark
    Looks like a great hunt!! Now that gun deer season is over my son and I are going to break the rimfires out.