Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
5,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, with hunting seasons dwindling down it that time again. Here is you chance to show off your big buck and possibly win a much coveted prize. You can ask Kerrtw and Chasegal88 about how wining this contest has changed their lives for the better and even challenged them to be better hunters and people going forward. Don't be ashamed to post your buck even if it isn't a monster, my judging system is very subjective. There may even be a new category for "Top Dink" this year.

The rules: (please read, I hate disqualifying good buck due to small details)
1. Post picture on the thread by Feb 28th
2. Include these details to win : County, date killed, Method i.e. Gun or Bow (make and model is nice too), caliber/broadhead
3. Whatever else you want to share
4. Buck must be killed in Arkansas (honor system) for the Grand Prize
4a. Again year we will be awarding an OOSER categories so feel free to post non-native bucks
5. The hunter must be in the picture
6. Buck must be killed in 2021-2022 season: No polaroids of a buck you killed in 1988

I will judge photos by these factors in no order:
1. Quality of photo (scenery, lightning, tasteful pose, etc)
2. Quality of buck ( score doesn’t matter or does it...)
3. Other cool factor ( old truck, old man, young kid, cool gun, first buck, etc)
3a. Please no buck pictures taken in cemeteries next to papa's headstone
4. Any other subjective factor I like....

Grand Prize: the winner will get a personally curated item by a well know dapper and rakish member of the site. Example: LOOK OUT LADIES!!!

Also for examples: below is the links to previous winners:
4th Annual : 4th Annual Big Buck Photo Contest Winners!
3rd Annual : 3rd Annual Buck Photo Contest
2nd Annual : 2nd Annual Buck Photo Contest Winners
1st Annual : Buck Photo Contest Winners

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Plant Hunting Tree Wood People in nature

Union county, 11/22/21 - 2 days after her 15th birthday, could have got a shot on birthday but chose to go see Morgan Wallen instead. 205 yard shot on video, her Ruger M77 Compact .260 with Federal 140 gr Sierra BTSP. Interesting fact: Her brother had shot this buck with his bow earlier in the season but hit him too high, she shot him standing in the same spot over a month later.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Elk Smile Hunting Vertebrate Plant

Union county, 11/19/21 His first solo gun hunt of the year. He got out of school early and went straight to the woods, saw 5 other legal bucks that evening but was waiting on this one. Was shooting my Browning Micro Midas .308 with a 150 gr Federal jacketed soft point. 60 yard shot, didn’t go 20! 3 years of history with the buck.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Monroe County
White River NWR
11/15/2021
First time hearing the breeding grunt. It was 3 long (5-6 sec each), very deep grunts. Never heard one grunt like that before. Then he went and whooped up on a sapling before walking towards his hot doe. Dropped him in his tracks with a 85 yard neck shot in the timber with the .270 Winchester Deer Season XP's. It's been a few years since I killed a good buck so I was due. I'll remember this hunt for a long time.

Plant Sculpture Grass Art Toy

·
Registered
10,269 Posts
My Benton county buck, killed with a savage .243 on a frosty opening morning of rifle season. It was Gabes first time being involved in a successful deer hunt, his first time to put hands on one laying in the woods. We made lots of memories. The first picture isn’t posed, just a curious kid putting his hands on a buck for the first time.

Plant community People in nature Leaf Wood Adaptation

Plant Trophy hunting Hunting Deer hunting Tree

·
Premium Member
7,807 Posts
November 26, 2021. Arkansas vs. Mizzou. Left the camp at kickoff. By the time I made it in the stand we were up 3-0. Mizzou had the ball and was driving. Got a couple penalties and punted with around 5 min left in the 1st quarter. Game went to commercial on my phone and I looked up and he was following a doe down the lane. He cut thru and hit the next lane and I sent him a 150gr Sierra MatchKing out of the Browning A-Bolt 300WinMag. The rest is history. 8pt, 16 and some change wide, 134''. Not a bad Ouachita County Pine thicket buck!

·
Registered
300 Win. Mag.
102 Posts
Hello, I'm Steven Ellison, " The" Camo Kid. Baxter County, Gamaliel Arkansas kill, on 11-18-21. I shot him with my M77 rifle, a 300 Win Mag, at 30 feet, with a 180 grain bullet. 17 point, with a main frame of 10 points, and 7 extra points scattered. I'm a cancer patient with early stage Parkinson's symptoms and was suffering pretty bad that first six days of the gun season. This was my third hunt opening week. I decided to go sit in the woods to try and relax at 3 pm that Thursday. 125 yards from my bedroom, I plopped down, just 45 yards inside the wood line between 2 stacked fallen trees and a cedar bush. At 3:30 a squirrel started barking, somewhat near me. I scanned the whole area very slowly for an hour, seeing and hearing nothing else but that hollering squirrel. At 4:30, when I finished my left to right scan, I peeked over the cedar bush and there he was, coming from the barks I've been hearing. I scoped him, then shot. At the shot he was facing me, and ran past me at 3 feet. I fell from a sitting position to laying flat, just to get out of his way. I heard him crash, and put my hands on him, 45 yards later. My 15 year old son, my father in law, and a Kabota tractor helped me get him out of the brambles. He is my first North Arkansas deer, the only deer I've seen in our woods this whole gun season, and the only deer I've ever taken during a full moon week
Sky Hunting Deer hunting Vertebrate Tree
in 42 years of hunting! I Was wearing my tennis shoes, carport sale bought military issued cargo pants in digital pattern and a Goodwill store 4.00 Carhartt jacket. He is at Hughes Taxidermy in West Plains Missouri, being shoulder mounted in a semi sneak position with his head turned to his right, my Christmas present from my In-laws. I received my CWD results yesterday, 1-17-22, and they were negative!!! Being processed by my family and I this coming up week. As a youngster, I lived at 17, Compass point. While sitting on the ground that afternoon, I was playing with my compass, checking out the directions of different areas I wanted to visit on later hunts. A 17 pointer, that I named Compass.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts