45 pistol holster?

Discussion in 'General Hunting Topics' started by carbonelement, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Where could I get a good holster for a 45 caliber pistol. I used a hip holster while in the army and I do NOT like shoulder holsters. I am willing to try just about everything and or anything but a shoulder holster. I could care less what its made out of. I bought the pistol to carry as a back up weapon when hunting hogs with my bow. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. jwalker

jwalker Well-Known Member

What kind of 45??

3. its one of the cheaper ones because I just wanted it for hog hunting back up. Its a Hi-Point 45 ACP.

4. jwalker

jwalker Well-Known Member

Walmart has airsoft holsters for bout 10 buck$ or less should work for that gun it'll hold my 45 fine

5. .375H&H

.375H&H Well-Known Member

6. snydedawg

snydedawg Well-Known Member

Might I suggest that if you go to a thigh holster that you lose the top strap and cinch the holster up higher in the thigh with the lower strap closer to the "business". It keeps the weappon/holster from trying to slide around and shift on you.

And for hunting hogs, I think I'd want it to be secure!

Safariland holsters in the 6280 series on a drop rig are top notch, gear!!! It may be more than you want or need, but there are other variations on the theme that can serve you well.

7. thanks for all the help. I am looking everything up right now. I really appreciate it.