Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greg came down this morning....he and Dustin and I got out for a littlw while. We made 4 stands, called 3 and killed 2 of 'em...it was wet and then got hot, but was a ton of fun!!!

The first stand was great, had the sun to our back at daylight...almost no breeze....watched the double come in from about 400 yards away...the lead dog stopped at about 10 yards or so...the other was behind about another 100 yards...Greg head shot the front dog with his 6mm AR, the back one made it's escape...we made 2 dry stands and on the last stand called in a female that was looking into the sun and wasn't coming any further...Dustin took her with his AR w/ a 60 gr VMax at 193 yards...bang flop...

It was a great morning, good company, saw some coyotes and had a good time....these ARKY hats are the BOMB!!! Thjose coyotes gotta come when ya wear one!!

Thanks guys for a fun morning!!

Joe

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
they taste just like that chicken on a stick @ the chinese place :clap: :fit: :wink:

Usually make a few pics and haul them somewhere to dump 'em...unless they have attributes worth saving...then we skin 'em or mount 'em or have 'em tanned....

Had this one tanned...

This one we were tanning but messed it up :( It weighed 45 lbs..

Finished...

Joe

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The "Black" ones are supposedly a genetic "pool", in certain geographical locations....They aren't super rare in this area...think we have killed 4 so far. Some areas have none....All I have ever seen or heard of have that characteristic white star on their chest....I killed one last year with 2 white paws...I think it is simply a genetic color variation as no matter where they come from, they look VERY similar...too much so to be a dog "in the wood pile." At least in my opinion..

As to the red one.....gosh I honestly don't know...I have never seen another like this one. He was an alpha male and had several other coyotes with him. He was certainly an oddity and I would suspect somewhere down the line there was a dog, whether feral or otherwise. That would be conjecture on my part, but that's what I suspect. He also weighed 45 lbs, so unless he had some red wolf in him...:eek:

Joe

·
Registered
229 Posts
Okay so look up a picture of a red wolf and you will see your dark one looks almost identical to one minus the white spot on the chest. I 've seen plenty of reddish yotes but never that dark with eyes like that! Pretty cool pics!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.