Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,609 Posts
Its a expensive process to do. People, gps tracking and folks to keep track of it all daily. Receivers to retrieve when birds are lost to predation. Catching and many man hrs. There are numerous studies going on across the SE states all working together in different areas of concerns which I hope one day gives a few solid answers that force some changes in practices. Time will tell.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree that any study can be a good thing but most of us know where that money really needs to be spent to increase not only jake survival rates but also nest success rates.
For that kind of money I'm betting you could do a predator program for those same 3 years and I bet in the areas it was implemented the turkey populations would increase tremendously.

·
Super Member<br>2014-2015 Deer Hunting Contest Wi
1,715 Posts
I agree that any study can be a good thing but most of us know where that money really needs to be spent to increase not only jake survival rates but also nest success rates.
For that kind of money I'm betting you could do a predator program for those same 3 years and I bet in the areas it was implemented the turkey populations would increase tremendously.
Bounties on coyotes, coons, hogs, etc. in those areas (they may already implement something like this. I dont know) would be great.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.