35 Remington??

Discussion in 'Guns, Ammunition, and Reloading' started by LGustin, Dec 18, 2010.

1. LGustin

LGustin Well-Known Member

I might be trading into a 35 Remington lever gun. I have never had or shot a 35 Remington before so I know nothing about it. I do have a 358 Winchester and a 35 Whelen. From what I can tell the 35 falls a little short of the 358 but seems to be a respectable cartridge. Whats your opinion of the round? Would it be to close to the other 2 to be worthwhile?

2. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator

NE Ark
    I love mine. I have a 336C and have taken deer the last 2 years with it.

I load 200 GR Rem Cor-Lokt's at ~2000 fps. It's a handy little carbine for woods hunting.

Go for it!! :thumb:

Mine killed this buck in '09
    [​IMG]

... and these 2 opening weekend of MG season this year
    [​IMG]

I always keep a box or 2 of troops ready for battle
    [​IMG]

3. LGustin

LGustin Well-Known Member

Alright then, I guess it is a capable round. I am really considering it. Thanks for the input.

4. Sylamore

Sylamore Super Moderator Staff Member

I too am a fan of the .35 Rem, in a Marlin 336C. I have killed many deer with it and always get a complete pass through with a 200 gr. @ 2000fps. My rifle will do consist two inch groups at 100 yards. :thumb:

5. HANDGUNNER

HANDGUNNER Well-Known Member

Got a Marlin 336 in 35 Rem, and also a Contender in 35 Rem and love it....the old T/C has put much meat on the ground..........only had one deer run out of sight when shot, but I was in a thicket and could see but about 40 yards!!

The Hornady Lever Evolution 200gr loads are great as well.......

6. WackinNstackin

WackinNstackin Well-Known Member

I'm with the rest of the guys, I love mine. Mine is also a Marlin 336 and shoots very well. CoreLokts will put em down good, but I my fave was the old Winchester 200 silvertips. I wish I'd have broke mine out this year, guess there's still time!

7. M1Tommy

M1Tommy Well-Known Member

Were I to buy a Marlin for hunting, that's the chambering I'd want.
    Mr. Chitlin stated matters well, IMO.
    Tommy