Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks just picked up a .35 remington marlin lever gun was thinking about putting a scope on it. Nothin fancy just somethin that will get the job done. Any one got any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
8,353 Posts
Mine has a Leupold, fixed 4X. It is absolutely perfect for that rifle; perfect balance and the 4X is all you will ever need for the range of the .35 Rem.

I got the scope new for about $190. :thumb:

·
Registered
11,666 Posts
You can get a fixed 4x nikon for $99. Just as good as Leu. IMHO. He's right, the 4x is as much as you need for that cal.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Have run both 4x32 and 2-7x32 on Marlin levers and like both. Currently running a 2-7x32 Leupold as the 2x is a hair more forgiving of eye position. A nice touch when more than one uses the gun.

·
Grand Member
9,804 Posts
I'm start'n to really like the red dots on short range guns.

·
Registered
11,666 Posts
I was just about to suggest a red dot when I saw Sam already had. They are really pretty good out to 100 yards. My marlin 336 would shoot about the size of the dot at 100 yards. The thing I like about red dots is no eye relief at all and instant target acquisition.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
I bought a Marlin .35 last summer and i put a Bushnell 3200 series 3x9x40 on it mainly because they don't fog up very easy and it work great for that gun. The downside is it may be more than you want to spend. They are about $200.00. Whatever you put on it i would definitely use steel rings on a good base. The aluminum rings just won't get a good bite and you will be having to check your zero every time you go.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Put a 2.5x7 Leopold on mine, and could not be happier. You owe it to yourself to try the Hornady polymer tippet ammo, it's some great stuff. If your a reloader you can work up plinking loads using lead pistol bullets that are a hoot to shoot, and cheap to boot.

·
Registered
9,622 Posts
Put a 2.5x7 Leopold on mine, and could not be happier. You owe it to yourself to try the Hornady polymer tippet ammo, it's some great stuff. If your a reloader you can work up plinking loads using lead pistol bullets that are a hoot to shoot, and cheap to boot.
Amen to the 200gr 35 Hornady loads...they are awesome for hunting!!!

Bye the way, how ya doing Larry?? I'll be in LR at baseline Feb 11th-21st...might come visit ya..if you're working nights!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts