Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the 223wssm enough medicine for deer? I've heard lot's of opinion's about this caliber.I've heard horror stories of bullets blowing up on impact and stuff like that.I think it will be fine,...What do yall think?

·
Registered
11,689 Posts
http://winchester.com/products/cata...ultiadd=WDI0MzItMS0x&action=3&ctype=1&atype=1

Price 243 $18.99

Price 223 wsm $26.99

243 more power, bigger hole, bigger bullet, cheaper to shoot.

223 wsm faster bullet, flatter shooting.

If your buying for deer I would say 243 hands down, for long range varmint I might lean slightly toward the 223 WSM, but personally I would get a 223 rem if that's what I wanted it for.

·
Premium Member
17,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think ya'll are right. I've been researching elsewhere too.It's not really that great for deer.I don't Yote hunt enough to need it.Got other guns for that.

·
Select Member<br>Ol Eagle Eye
17,183 Posts
I have killed deer with .223,.22-250,and .220 swift they all do a good job. I have never had a .223 wsm have some friends that own some and they all brag on em. Personally I like a bigger cal myself (.270 wsm):biggrin:

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
I personally would stay away from the WSSM's all together. The last I saw, no one is currently chambering them for 2008. I think they will be history in 5 years. Now the WSM's, that's a little different story. All but the 7mmWSM seem to be selling well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts