Arkansas Hunting banner

.22 Magnum OR .17 HMR

• .22 Magnum

Votes: 21 80.8%
  • .17 HMR

Votes: 5 19.2%
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

Premium Member
Really love my Marlin 22 Mag...Had it a long time have taken many animals with it..
It will never be for sale..
We went to Kansas Turkey hunting..5 years in a Row.. Didn't go last two years..( Covid).
We see lots of coyotes..see em ever day..
Locals told us they wanted them Shot..
I didn't have one at the Time..do Now..
We would see a coyote several hundred yards accoss the crop fields..They would pull out their 17s...
Unbelievable how far and Devestating they were on the coyotes..
Just put the crosshairs on the Shoulders and squeeze the Trigger...
I now Own one..17 HMR.....
The CCI ammo is unreal how accurate they are..
Most accurate Rifle I personally have ever shot..

17 HMR for me...Good Hunting..

Premium Member
Really love my Marlin 22 Mag...Had it a long time have taken many animals with it..
We went to Kansas Turkey hunting..5 years in a Row.. Didn't go last two years..( Covid).
We would see a coyote several hundred yards accoss the crop fields..They would pull out their 17s...

Now that is what I'm talking about...

Registered
Jackie53 i have a ruger american 17 hmr. I put a hawke Vantage 4x12x40AO IR 17 hmr scope on it. I have shot it out to 225 yds. If i remember right. It has lines to shoot out to 300. Before i bought that scope. I watch guy on u tube shooting a 22 mag out to 300 yds. He was shooting steel targets. They made the hawke Vantage 4x12x40AO IR in 17 hmr and 22 mag. Fixing to buy another hawke but that one will be in 22 mag. Its fun shooting tagets that far. Bass pro in Branson and Springfield has a ton of cci 17 hmr 17 gr v max ammo. I bought 6 more boxes the other day in hornady 20gr xtp. They have a ton of it. Also a ton of 22 mag in cci 40 gr hp and hornady 30 gr v max.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #48 ·

I agree! That鈥檚 awesome!

Registered
Never had much dealings with the 22 mag. Have killed and seen several bobcats and coyotes killed with the hmr. I carry my 17 WSM more then I ever did the HMR and have killed several with it as well but would still prefer to carry the 243 or 12ga as far as knock down power on the spot.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts