.22 mag

Discussion in 'Rimfire' started by squirrel chaser one, Dec 27, 2010.

1. been saving for a new one whats everybodys opinion marlin or savage both are ss heavy barreled synthic stock just a big price difference

2. QCDually5.9

QCDually5.9 Super Member<br>Forum Sponsor

Savage all the way. The accu-trigger is the best thing since sliced bread.

3. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator

NE Ark
    Get which ever one feels the best and fits your pocketbook. Accuracy will be the same with either one.

4. arc3162

arc3162 Well-Known Member

I like the accutrigger on the savage but like Mr. C says, get the gun that fits you.

5. headhunter_60

headhunter_60 Super Member<br>2010 Deer Hunting Contest Winner

I think I am going to save up and get the Henry Golden Boy 22mag, every time I look at it I start drooling.

6. Buck-Ridge

Buck-Ridge Well-Known Member

I have the cheapest savage they make fiberglass stock small barrel and with federal 50 gn HP bullets mine shoots one enlarged hole at 50 yards.

7. Da Duke

Da Duke Well-Known Member

I have the same one and have the same results with Hornady 30 grn.

8. Buck-Ridge

Buck-Ridge Well-Known Member

Mine won't shoot the 3o gn or Winchester bullets worth a darn. It shoots Federals and 40gn cci the best, I did install a rifle basix trigger in mine.

9. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator

NE Ark
    I have a Marlin 23MN and it shoots the standard Winchester Super X 40 gr JHP better than any ammo I've run thru it. The Winchester 40 gr JHP is also a true JHP, not a plated lead hp bullet.

10. neahunter12

neahunter12 Well-Known Member

The savage aint pretty but it will shoot crazy accuracy and is fairly tough. My best measured group was .381" 5 shot group at 50 yards with my old savage 22 mag if that tells you anything. That was with a bag of kitty litter for a rest to :thumb:

11. savage looking better all the time

12. roydchristopher

roydchristopher Well-Known Member

22 mag

have a 982VS Marlin, ss,. it will shoot ragged one hole 5shots at 50 yds. did some work on trigger and made it lot better.

13. Thats the marlin im wanting hows the weight balance on it and what thyp scope you shooting on it

14. jsilver919

jsilver919 Well-Known Member

this dang thread has me looking at 22 mags now. that will be my next one. after the rem 700 sps tac, if anyone can actually get me one in their store

Last edited: Dec 31, 2010
  15. Rebel

Rebel Well-Known Member

Either one is about the same as far as feel and accuracy. Savage may have the better trigger and they sure got a cool logo.:biggrin:

16. RL

RL Well-Known Member

I have a win. model 94 in 22 mag that shots really good.My dad has a old marlin that we shot when I was still at home 20 years ago that shot good.I HAVE NEVER SEEN ONE THAT SHOT BAD IN ANY MAKE OR MODEL