Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may have came across a really good buy on some .22 Hornet ammo. These are JSP's and I'll likely go get them in a few minutes.

One problem I have..... is nothing to shoot them out of!!!!

Anyone with experience with the Hornet?? It seems to me to be a bit hotter than the WMR but short of most other centerfire .22's!

I had grey fox and short range bobcats in mind.... would that be asking too much of it???

I'd like to get a handgun in Hornet, but not sure what is available that would be in my price range (not too much!!).

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Hey they are awsome, I have a 7 year old that has killed 5 deer with a hornet so far. The 8 point this year was dropped in it's tracks with a shot to the neck.

·
Registered
11,689 Posts
You beat me to the punch bps12. They wouldn't be great for long distance, but I've heard of lots of folks using them for a kids deer gun. If they'll take a deer, I'm sure it'll do what you need it for.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
I could kill a truck load of deer with a 22 Mag. but I would hardly consider it an adequate deer round. I think a Hornet would be great for fox, coyotes, bobcats etc. but NOT for deer. JMO

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
about 80 yards is the max I would let him shoot it. But it is a fine deer round for someone of garretts age we have never lost a deer with it.

·
Registered
149 Posts
The Hornet has it's limitations, but I have seen a ton of deer killed with one. Shot placement is key with any round, and the Hornet offers almost no recoil.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts