Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
They also had some Federal 325 packs and the process were reasonable. I think like $18 for the 325 pack.

·
Registered
5,269 Posts
Been seeing a few bricks frequently at WalMart and academy. Still not seeing hardly any hunting rounds. 308, 270, 30-30 etc ....

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They did actually also have two boxes of 12 guage number 6 and one box of 12 guage number 4.

·
Registered
430 Posts
It’s looking like several are getting supplies now. There’s been several brands of ammo in various calibers on the shelves lately when I’ve looked. I’ve never been a big fan of buying my outdoor supplies from places like WallyWorld and Academy, but at least they haven’t been gouging every poor soul that wants to go shooting.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Walmart in searcy has hoarders that keep them cleaned out. There’s about 6 of them that work together to buy everything they get in. One has a booth at a flea market

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Academy in Conway had ton of 556, just to let y’all know. And a lot of 12 gauge shells
They had tons of 20 round boxes of 5.56 and .223 ammo at Academy the other day. One of the employees said it had been on the shelf multiple days without getting wiped out.
I have seen very little hunting ammo on the shells lately though.

·
Premium Member
14,276 Posts
Walmart in searcy has hoarders that keep them cleaned out. There’s about 6 of them that work together to buy everything they get in. One has a booth at a flea market
Yep.. Not sure what's going on with the Newport store yet.. Either they're not ordering and getting anything in or someone is waiting at the counter.. Not sure if Jim (the guy that ran the department forever) has retired but no one is ever back there it seems and it looks like crap..

·
Premium Member
14,276 Posts
I think Jim retired... I picked up a few 22 at Newport the other day, just hit and miss and getting lucky, they sure don't last long even with a 2 box minimum.
I'm going to miss Jim for sure.. Bought my first shotgun (that I paid for) from him with my summer chore money over 45 years ago when the store was in the little strip mall.. He always took the time to help anyway he could and kept the section stocked like a true outdoors section should be.. If they didn't have it he'd pull out the catalog and order what you wanted.. Don't find many like him anymore..

·
Registered
5,989 Posts
Saw some stuff on the shelf at Academy in Sherwood today. Lots of 20 round boxes of .556, .22lr, and even plenty of 9mm Remington and Blazer. Packaging was weird, plain Jane stuff I've never seen before but I guess if it gets it to the shelves.

No, I didn't buy any but I believe the 9mm was about $22 for a box of 50. Not great, but much better. Saw a few boxes of Hornady American Whitetail stuff but couldn't tell you the calibers as I did not look that closely.

·
Registered
10,456 Posts
Well, the truck managed to get around the water and make it to the local Walmart.
Yesterday I picked up some .22WMR and mini mags.
They also had some Stingers, shorts, Cci standard velocity, Winchester and Federal Automatch rimfire ammo.
They also had a few 30-30, .308 and some 6.5 on the shelf.

·
Premium Member
27,138 Posts
Local walmart just had a smattering of stuff. Some .22, .308, .300, couple others, and some buckshot. Got some buckshot I might give a try on hogs at the feeder. At night, I have gotten up 30 yards away pretty easy. Thought if I timed it right, might get several.

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
Local walmart just had a smattering of stuff. Some .22, .308, .300, couple others, and some buckshot. Got some buckshot I might give a try on hogs at the feeder. At night, I have gotten up 30 yards away pretty easy. Thought if I timed it right, might get several.
What size buckshot you gonna throw at them?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts