Arkansas Hunting banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,642 Posts
For your use, buy the heritage. For a gun you want to pass on or shoot for accuracy, spend the money and get the Ruger.

Ruger also offers the Wrangler which is a nice gun, bit only comes in one cylinder.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
It boils down to how hard you are gonna be on it and are you gonna be willing to baby it some trapping. I have a S&W 617 6” that I carry trapping but baby it and dont trap that hard anyway. That said….

I never regretted buying quality I have regretted buying cheap thinking I would grow to like it more

·
Registered
11,271 Posts
After buying a Franchi years ago and turning around and buying a Benelli a couple of years later because that was what I really wanted to start with, I tend to stick with the buy once, cry once motto.
I wanted a .22 revolver for a long time and looked at cheaper models but knew the Ruger Single Six was what I really wanted, thus it’s what I own.

·
Registered
4,862 Posts
It boils down to how hard you are gonna be on it and are you gonna be willing to baby it some trapping. I have a S&W 617 6” that I carry trapping but baby it and dont trap that hard anyway. That said….

I never regretted buying quality I have regretted buying cheap thinking I would grow to like it more
How does that 617 shoot? Always wanted one.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
I have a heritage pistol . Mine is the 22/22 mag. Never use the 22 mag cylinder. I use it 100% trapping. I couldn't see buying a higher price one. As much as i am around the water. If i ever lost it. 160.00 dollar pistol is alot easier to replace then a 400.00 one. I have killed alot of fur with that pistol. Never had any issues with it. I am looking for a heritage pistol with adjustable sights .

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
You know hillbilly got money. I heard he cowrote ZZ Top's Sharp Dressed Man. Just that one line, "I don't worry cause my wallets fat."

View attachment 331920
That's a good one, as I haven't fallen in the sharp dressed man category in a long time, if ever. You guys got me confused with my buddy Allen from down south. I got mine through judicious shopping before the prices of S&W pistols went crazy. I'd not sell one of these for what I have in both.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.