Arkansas Hunting banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
37,248 Posts
A lot of the locals swear the biggest bulls are on those flats, and I’ve seen some dandy bulls on 191. In late winter, you will see huge herds thru there
That's funny.
We left yellowstone and drove thru the tetons and jackson hole looking for elk and moose.
Around farson my son said I guess we're out of elk country now.
I said yeah, we arent going to see anymore elk.
It wasn't 30 minutes and we saw that dude standing in the wide open 100 yds or so off the road.
Sae another group of about 6 just before we got to rock springs.
Not a tree for miles.

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
That's funny.
We left yellowstone and drove thru the tetons and jackson hole looking for elk and moose.
Around farson my son said I guess we're out of elk country now.
I said yeah, we arent going to see anymore elk.
It wasn't 30 minutes and we saw that dude standing in the wide open 100 yds or so off the road.
Sae another group of about 6 just before we got to rock springs.
Not a tree for miles.
The red desert area south and east of there is one of the most sought after elk tags in Wyoming. It has some huge bulls.
If you came thru Pinedale, I’m surprised you didn’t see any moose along the river, although I’ve probably seen more just south of Evanston or north of Yellowstone around Tom Miner.

·
Registered
37,248 Posts
The red desert area south and east of there is one of the most sought after elk tags in Wyoming. It has some huge bulls.
If you came thru Pinedale, I’m surprised you didn’t see any moose along the river, although I’ve probably seen more just south of Evanston or north of Yellowstone around Tom Miner.
We went through at mid day.
Surprised to see the elk.
Saw hundreds of antelope though.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.