Arkansas Hunting banner
381 - 399 of 399 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Had this double yellow ear tags Oklahoma bear come in today around 10:00. Walked right in, pulled the barrel down and got on the other side of it and layed down facing us. Bear was there about 15 minutes onky got up a couple of times never really stood still long enough for Drake to feel comfortable about a shot. He had the shakes pretty bad also. Bear gets up and we watch it walk away. Drake starts crying and I try to encourage him to stay at it. It was hard being so close and not sealing the deal. Not to mention a daytime recovery would have been great.
Cloud Branch Rectangle Tree Plant

Break time with peanut butter & jelly sandwich and Hot Wheels helped his mood some. Hopefully tonight...
Face Blue Bottle Plastic bottle Plant

·
Registered
88 Posts
For some reason I thought we couldn't take tagged bears either, so I had to look it up. Only mentions collared bears, nothing about tags.

Legal Hunting Equipment and Methods

• Legal Hunting Equipment for bear is the same as legal hunting equipment for deer, except shotguns must be 20-gauge or larger and may use only rifled slugs.
  • It is illegal to kill a denned bear or one that is being pursued by dogs.
  • It is illegal to kill a bear outfitted with a radio collar.

·
Registered
22,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #391 ·
AG&F did send me the tooth packet - I didnt figure they would with the system so messed up

Also ... in other news ....

soak in brine for 5 days, then dry rub, smoke at 180-225 degrees ... pretty good table fare, this ham tastes like prime rib

next time, I'm maybe going to cajun inject, catch the drippings and making a gravy ....

Food Ingredient Monkfish Cuisine Dish

·
Registered
46 Posts
Sorry to bump thread.

If anyone has the September/October issue of Bear Hunting magazine, could you PM me? Thank you!

Also, I got my tooth letter back from my 2020 bear. It said it was 2-3 years old.

381 - 399 of 399 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.