2020 Cubs Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by southARbuck, Jan 29, 2020.

  1. southARbuck

    southARbuck Well-Known Member

    Glad to see it's back. KB leading off and Hendricks dealing so far
     
  2. Hooked Spurs

    Hooked Spurs Well-Known Member

    5,209
    1,280
    Arkansas
    Go Cubs Go!! Not long now.
     
    Whiskey River and Rookieshot like this.

  3. firehog

    firehog Well-Known Member

    16,689
    7,232
    Do ya'll still even have a team? I figured 95% was afraid to play with this covid and the other 5% is laying low due to the riots.
     
  4. Whiskey River

    Whiskey River Member<br>2007 Bowhunting Contest Team Winner<br>2

    Hell yes! Class was in session tonight. What a gem by Hendricks.

    IMG_5847.jpg
     
    southARbuck and Hooked Spurs like this.
  5. Hooked Spurs

    Hooked Spurs Well-Known Member

    5,209
    1,280
    Arkansas
    Great to see that flag, Whiskey!!
     
    southARbuck likes this.
  6. Luv2hunt

    Luv2hunt Well-Known Member

    Didn’t think I’d have a problem with MLB doing the kneeling thing but it’s happened.
    Hard pill to swallow and not sure I can.
     
    brushcreek likes this.
  7. Whiskey River

    Whiskey River Member<br>2007 Bowhunting Contest Team Winner<br>2

    I was pleased with our pitching today, and the bats woke up a little. Good series win!

    IMG_5853.jpg
     
    southARbuck likes this.
  8. Whiskey River

    Whiskey River Member<br>2007 Bowhunting Contest Team Winner<br>2

    Hendricks takes home NL player of the week honors, and Almora had the play of the week with his leaping grab at the wall.
     
    Hooked Spurs and brushcreek like this.
  9. southARbuck

    southARbuck Well-Known Member

    Happ held the NL Player of the week for 43 weeks only to lose it to the Professor. That's gotta be some sort of a record
     
    Hooked Spurs and Whiskey River like this.
  10. southARbuck

    southARbuck Well-Known Member

    Had a hard time sitting thru the 9th....
     
    Whiskey River and Hooked Spurs like this.
  11. Hooked Spurs

    Hooked Spurs Well-Known Member

    5,209
    1,280
    Arkansas
    Great outing for Lester. That was too close in the 9th!!!
     
    southARbuck likes this.
  12. Whiskey River

    Whiskey River Member<br>2007 Bowhunting Contest Team Winner<br>2

    Bullpen is gonna stress me out this year. Kimbrel was terrible. Another W for the good guys though.

    I see the Brewers scored 4 in the 9th to tie their game up.
     
    southARbuck likes this.
  13. Whiskey River

    Whiskey River Member<br>2007 Bowhunting Contest Team Winner<br>2

    Rizzo is on pace to hit 45 homers and get hit 60 times this season.
     
    Hooked Spurs and southARbuck like this.
  14. Whiskey River

    Whiskey River Member<br>2007 Bowhunting Contest Team Winner<br>2

    Good outing by Mills tonight. I wasn’t expecting that. Offense is clicking. Bullpen still shaky. Another big W for the good guys though.
     
    Hooked Spurs and southARbuck like this.
  15. southARbuck

    southARbuck Well-Known Member

    Pirates will be tough games seeing they have scored 15 out of their 23 runs in the 7th or later. Ross is the man to get the confidence built up and hope he gets it done quick
     
    Hooked Spurs and Whiskey River like this.
  16. southARbuck

    southARbuck Well-Known Member

  17. Whiskey River

    Whiskey River Member<br>2007 Bowhunting Contest Team Winner<br>2

    Wasn’t pretty tonight. Hoerner and Bote are swinging hot bats though. We need a good outing by Darvish tomorrow to avoid having to use much bullpen.
     
  18. Hooked Spurs

    Hooked Spurs Well-Known Member

    5,209
    1,280
    Arkansas
    Darvish was solid tonight. Another rough one for Kimbrel.
     
    Whiskey River likes this.
  19. Whiskey River

    Whiskey River Member<br>2007 Bowhunting Contest Team Winner<br>2

    Looks like the Cards see that the Cubs are running away with the division, and are claiming fake positive CV19 cases to try and get the season canceled...
     
    Hooked Spurs likes this.
  20. southARbuck

    southARbuck Well-Known Member

    Looks like another W for the good guys!
     
    Whiskey River and Hooked Spurs like this.