Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to kick this thing off. Bryant lost the grievance which we all figured would happen since the Cubs acted within the CBA. We have been linked to ol Scooter which anybody who wears number 3 for a tribute to Dale Earnhardt, who couldn't be a fan of his, could be an interesting bench player.

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Thoughts on the Jeffress signing? He has been up and down over his career. He was very good in 2018, before struggling in 2019. He could be a bullpen contributor.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hats to the Left signed with Cincy. Hate to see another Cub leave but he made me nervous everytime he walked to the mound. It was almost like he had to let 2 on to get dialed in. His early years were pretty close to money.

·
Registered
17,341 Posts
Is it too early for me to make a post on this new Cub thread? I mean I know things are a little shaky right now in Wrinkles and actually I'm worried about Whiskers, I have not seen him in months? Is he alive? I mean the guy was a little off being a Cub fan but hey I kinda liked him. I hope he has not gone full-blown Cincy fan and went to another forum board. I know how ya'll like them bandwagons on up and coming teams, but surely he'll let us know soon he's alive and well.

·
Registered
17,341 Posts
Is it too early for me to make a post on this new Cub thread? I mean I know things are a little shaky right now in Wrinkles and actually I'm worried about Whiskers, I have not seen him in months? Is he alive? I mean the guy was a little off being a Cub fan but hey I kinda liked him. I hope he has not gone full-blown Cincy fan and went to another forum board. I know how ya'll like them bandwagons on up and coming teams, but surely he'll let us know soon he's alive and well.

·
Member<br>2007 Bowhunting Contest Team Winner<br>2
5,291 Posts
I haven’t gone anywhere. Just sitting back taking it all in. Have had a lot going on over the past few months, but baseball is just around the corner and I’m beyond ready. Tired of reading rumors everyday on who will be, won’t be, should be, or shouldn’t be traded. Most of it’s just writers trying to get hits on their websites.

·
Registered
17,341 Posts
I haven’t gone anywhere. Just sitting back taking it all in. Have had a lot going on over the past few months, but baseball is just around the corner and I’m beyond ready. Tired of reading rumors everyday on who will be, won’t be, should be, or shouldn’t be traded. Most of it’s just writers trying to get hits on their websites.
I hear ya, tired the writers speculating just to keep their blogs active. But good to hear you made it through the majority of off season. A new year lurks before us and man let me just say, if things are shaping up like the writers and the speculators think,,, the NL could look totally different as far as which teams come out leading.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I hear ya, tired the writers speculating just to keep their blogs active. But good to hear you made it through the majority of off season. A new year lurks before us and man let me just say, if things are shaping up like the writers and the speculators think,,, the NL could look totally different as far as which teams come out leading.
Fresh blood, aging players, team chemistry etc. is why it will be a toss up. Nothing is ever a guarantee

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've been telling them for years, we are always watching.

I like reading the rumors for about 3 weeks and the comments even less.

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
The rumors and fans’ opinions can be exhausting if you let it be. A lot of “experts” out there that should be in Theo’s position.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What do yall think about the Astros hiring Baker? How much longer will Verlander be around with him at the manager spot?

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Big trades today for Dodgers. Seems they are really trying to end their drought. Red Sox are selling off big with Betts and Price.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Riding around today, I heard a Meatloaf song that had some baseball tied to it and it got me thinking. What's yalls favorite baseball songs? I enjoy Go Cubs Go, Cheap Seats, and Centerfield.

1 - 20 of 148 Posts