Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Registered
514 Posts
No gun hunters probably kill 90% of the deer that are killed so they account for the vast majority of it. The gun season is too long already! If gun hunters want more time in the woods they can pick up a bow and spend all the additional time they want.
If the highlighted statement is true then all we would have to do to increase our numbers is get rid of the bow hunters and the population would grow by 10%. And realistically is should grow by more than 10% after reading all the threads on here from bow hunters that make bad shots abd never retrieve thier game.

This is all stupid I am getting tired of uneducated people making ignorant comments wanting to do away with the way another person hunts just because it isn't their prefered method. Arkansas has an over abundance of deer and as long as it is legal let's all hunt and have fun.

· Registered
9,322 Posts
Honestly there's no point in responding to that post with reason and logic because ignorance is obviously your medium of choice..... I dont care what you hunt with but I do care about our deer herd and if truly believe what you just posted then you should apply for a job with the AGFC, if you aren't currently employed there, you would fit right in! You're both clueless! Happy hunting!

If the highlighted statement is true then all we would have to do to increase our numbers is get rid of the bow hunters and the population would grow by 10%. And realistically is should grow by more than 10% after reading all the threads on here from bow hunters that make bad shots abd never retrieve thier game.

This is all stupid I am getting tired of uneducated people making ignorant comments wanting to do away with the way another person hunts just because it isn't their prefered method. Arkansas has an over abundance of deer and as long as it is legal let's all hunt and have fun.

· Registered
1,726 Posts
jacooley1:1432942 said:
No gun hunters probably kill 90% of the deer that are killed so they account for the vast majority of it. The gun season is too long already! If gun hunters want more time in the woods they can pick up a bow and spend all the additional time they want.

X2. Cry us a river. 5 months of hunting only 3 weeks of gun season. If you wanna kill a good buck get off your butt and go kill one. There are still plenty hittin my scrape line and some bruisers in that bunch too. Sure aint kill nothing while behind your keyboard whining bout gun season thats already over.

· Registered
1,726 Posts
silentassassin:1432964 said:
Honestly there's no point in responding to that post with reason and logic because ignorance is obviously your medium of choice..... I dont care what you hunt with but I do care about our deer herd and if truly believe what you just posted then you should apply for a job with the AGFC, if you aren't currently employed there, you would fit right in! You're both clueless! Happy hunting!

Lol, clueless? Hilarious man. He was being sarcastic and you couldnt figure that out. Do you work for game and fish? Your lack of success Isnt because of gun hunters and gun season.

· Registered
40,247 Posts
There's no probably about it. Anybody who doesn't believe it can check the harvest reports from the agfc.

I've seen alot of the threads about bowhunters shooting deer and not finding them, but remember not all deer that are shot are killed. I've also seen alot of threads about deer lost with firearms and I've also heard in person MANY gun hunters say they must have missed because the deer ran off after the shot and they never even went to look for blood at the spot the deer was standing!:smack:

Oh, and there isn't an overabundance of deer in most (if any) of the state.

· Registered
9,322 Posts
Lol, clueless? Hilarious man. He was being sarcastic and you couldnt figure that out. Do you work for game and fish? Your lack of success Isnt because of gun hunters and gun season.
Lmao, dude I've killed 8 P&Y's in Arkansas in the last 6 years and passed over a dozen that would gross it and all of the P&Ys but one has been on public and most of the others have been on public ground and all with a bow. I've passed 40-50 legit shot oppurtunities at does and passed 13 or 14 legal bucks this year (that's a mix of public and private). I don't know how you define a lack of success but I'm tickled pink with those numbers. That being said, I put a ton of hours in scouting and hunting and what I'm seeing is a reflection of the small areas that I hunt and the time I spend hunting. Spending as much time chasing them as I do, I should see lots of deer. In reality I just know the areas that I hunt really well and I've seen just about every deer in the area and some of them mutiple times. But I know some really good hunters that haven't had nearly as much success as I have because they just don't have the deer they use to. If you look at some of the estimates gun hunters kill roughly 90% of the deer and we wind up killing roughly 80% of our bucks every year. I'd like to have plenty of bucks and bigger bucks and more of them and they have to live through the season in order for that to happen. The only reason that I care about the weapon is because the weapon and the amound of time in the field with that weapon ultimately how many are killed i.e. herd numbers. If gun, hunters want additional days they can always pick up a bow or a crossbow and still get out in the field for additional days. If they wanted out in the field very bad, they wouldn't wait so long to go in the first place. No reason a gun hunter has to spend anyless time in the woods, he would just have to do it with a bow or crossbow and we'd all have more and bigger deer running around. I guess wanting more and bigger deer makes me the stupid one............

· Registered
9,322 Posts
I've seen alot of the threads about bowhunters shooting deer and not finding them, but remember not all deer that are shot are killed. I've also seen alot of threads about deer lost with firearms and I've also heard in person MANY gun hunters say they must have missed because the deer ran off after the shot and they never even went to look for blood at the spot the deer was standing!

Oh, and there isn't an overabundance of deer in most (if any) of the state.
Thanks t I really didn't feel like pointing all the ignorance behind that post and I see that you've been kind and only light expounded upon the ignorance behind it!

· Registered
3,239 Posts
Our deer heard isnt as health as you may think. And by the way bow hunters only make up about 14% of the harvest numbers each year. But hey guys this thread wasnt even about how long gun season was, he just wanted to know if the dates would CHANGE, not increase. Why dont we stay on track instead of fighting!!!!!

· Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I was just wondering if any of you thought they would move it up I get 9 days of gun hunting I also bow hunt just wondering about the gun seasons I here about how most don't like the season in the rut and if they moved it up it might help that out. I love to hunt gun or bow. I just like to take vacation for the gun hunts.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.