2011 AH.net toy drive??

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by arcountryboy, Dec 22, 2010.

1. arcountryboy

arcountryboy Well-Known Member

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in doing this next year. Collect toys and deliver them to toys for tots. We received a lot last year when we were in bad shape and being a little better this year we gave a lot also. I was thinking next year assuming Mr. Chitlin, Gooch, and FB approve of the name use doing a arkansashunting.net drive. We can each donate 1 or more toys and all meet at the drop off points to deliver the toys and maybe find a place to get together for a lunch and meet and greet. There are toy drop offs all over the state so the ones in the SE, SW, NE, and NW will not have to drive to Central AR to do it.

Anyone interested in this? If so post here and this can be brought back up closer to Christmas next year.

Also, if anyone has objections to the Marines Toy's for Tot's program and may have another idea, please post it.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2010
  2. coonnutz

coonnutz Well-Known Member

Thats a great idea:up:

I'm pretty active in our community for collecting money and toys for children, but the one that I work with is Cabot Christmas for Kids all the toys and donations stay right here in Cabot and surrounding areas in Lonoke County:up:

3. arcountryboy

We do community things also plus donate baby items to the NICU at big Baptist. I was just thinking this would be a good way for us as a group to do something good for others also.

Like I said, any other idea's would be fine.

4. coonnutz

coonnutz Well-Known Member

I'm good with that, I don't have a thing against going above and beyond:thumb:

5. woodsnwater

woodsnwater Well-Known Member

I think it would be a good idea.. Considering the help was giving to a family needed a water heater.

6. SARAH

SARAH Well-Known Member

Sounds very cool! I will even volunteer to wrap gifts if needed I love wrapping presents, is one of the things that really gets me in christmas spirit! Heck how the economy is now days might wanna consider a coat drive.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2010
  7. Rebel

Rebel Well-Known Member

Sounds like a good idea.

8. thomasw_lrd

thomasw_lrd Well-Known Member

If anybody has any objections to the MARINES TOYS FOR TOTS Program, they won't be on this site long. (One reason I won't shop at Target).

I'm in.

9. arcountryboy

Well, we have all kinds here so it wouldnt suprise me. Funny though, thats the very reason I added MARINES in there!:thumb:

10. HANDGUNNER

HANDGUNNER Well-Known Member

:up::up::up::up::up:

Sounds good to me!!!

11. BDW

BDW Premium Member<br>Merganser Slayer<br>2011 Turkey

I think it's a great idea...Count me in!!! :up:

12. You know me, just say what and when..:up:

13. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator

NE Ark
    Let me guess... You got something in an email...

14. biggobs

biggobs Well-Known Member

Sounds like a great thing to do & a great way to promote a positive influence of hunters in the community & our state.