Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering how everyone would rank 2008 in regards to hunting.

For me it may have been my best ever. Starting with a great spring youth turkey hunt with my nephew. Then on to filling my spring tags the first week, including a double with a buddy. Filled a zone doe tag opening mornign of ML season. Then a nice buck on the next monday. Then things slowed down considerably. Rifle season was a bust. Then on the last day, 12-31-08, I took my daughter and nephew to a friends farm to help him try and fill DMAP tags. My daughter killed her first deer and I shot one just a few minutes later setting side by side. The deer were maybe ten yards apart on the ground. It ended even better than it began.

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
My worst one yet! Oh that's right, I have been in Iraq for the whole deer season. :biggrin: I did see some promise though or an area I cleared for a food plot before I left in August.

·
Administrator
41,133 Posts
I consider it a good year.

I shot a turkey in the spring, two does with my bow (so far), and quite a few rabbits and a few squirrels with almost 2 months left to go.

I love Arkansas and our long seasons! :thumb:

·
Super Member<br>2010 Deer Hunting Contest Winner
1,937 Posts
I shot a nice 8 point during ml season. Caleb, my 9 yr old, shot a spring turkey, a doe during youth hunt, and another the last day of modern gun. Pretty good year as far as I'm concerned. Oh yeah, we got 7 hogs since the deer season closed.:up:

·
Registered
11,370 Posts
I had a great deer season. I've only killed 2 but have scoped at least 6 8-points at close range and saw no less than 5 deer every day I hunted but one and most days more. The Buck I killed was a nice one. I scoped 32 deer opening weekend then I quit counting the rest of season. I have a great friend that I hunt with. What more could I ask for? And season isn't over. I've still got some time to bowhunt. And I may do a little predator and crow hunting.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.