Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering how everyones duck season was this year. Please rate from 1-10 for satisfaction and list number of ducks you killed this year.

1-10 (8)

40 or more ducks

·
Premium Member<br>2009 Turkey Contest Winner<br>20
11,524 Posts
7-8 for satisfaction....the WMA's not having the water they normally have hurt the early season hunting.

As far as numbers I have not kept up with it this year.

·
Registered
855 Posts
I'll give the year a 7 out of 10. Needed a lot more water at the start, had a hit and miss first season, second season was as good as it gets, third season was once again hit and miss. If the White would have got out, it coulda/woulda been a season to remember.

Number wise for all hunts in AR, somewhere over 300. With N.Dakota trip added 500ish.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'll give the year a 7 out of 10. Needed a lot more water at the start, had a hit and miss first season, second season was as good as it gets, third season was once again hit and miss. If the White would have got out, it coulda/woulda been a season to remember.

Number wise for all hunts in AR, somewhere over 300. With N.Dakota trip added 500ish.
Hate that tough luck.:wink:

Mine was about a 7. Plenty of water, plenty of ducks, not so much crowding most of the time. Not enough time to go. 40 + mallards, 20 or so woodies. Few assorted.

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
6.5!!!

The opener was great then it fell off fast......No Water!

Second split I never killed a duck!!

Last split was great!!! Shot good number of ducks everytime I went! Limits on several of those days.

Total ducks I killed was only 53. Not great, but better than I was expecting.

And overall, the season was great in our area!!!! Really great, I just went to the wrong place on the wrong day, or couldn't get the weather and my schedule to come together.

But next year.....Man it going to be GREAT!!!! Every single day will be awesome!!!

·
Member<br>2008 Bowhunting Contest Team Winner<br>2
631 Posts
Probably around a 8.

2007-2008 season
Mallards - 40
Wood Ducks - 26 (2 banded)
Gadwalls - 19
Green Wing Teal - 6
Widgeon - 5
Black Jack - 1
Mallard/Gadwall hybrid - 1

Total - 98

BPShunter

·
Registered
383 Posts

mallard 12
gadwall 35
woodies 8
green winged teal 1
blue winged teal 1
hooded maganser 1
shovler 6
ring neck1

light geese 25

·
Registered
310 Posts
5.5-6

Never really saw the migrations we are used to seeing this year. There was a lot of pressure in the area from other hunters.

218 ducks
82 mallards

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Y'all must have hunted alot more than me! I should have went more.:smack: But it was a great year to say the least.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
I would have to rate it an 8. I got some really good wingshooting in for the times I went and got some really pretty ones to get mounted. :thumb:

9 Buffleheads
6 Rudy Ducks
5 Bluebills
2 Greater Scaup Drakes
18 Mallards
8 Gadwalls
1 Drake Hooded Merganser
2 BEAUTIFUL Drake Redheads

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
I would give it a 7. The weather was almost perfect except we needed a little more rain at the end.The AGFC deal about lifting the boards before and during the season needs to be addressed by the commission board and guidelines need to be set up. Cold, freezing weather up north with lots of covering snow up north and cool to mild temps here brought us the birds that had short stopped the last couple of years. Did'nt hear or read much about how the Mizzou and Illinois hunters having big seasons like the last couple.The past 2 years would be a 1 or a 2 so this year was a lot better. Met some some new hunters and never was really crowded at the Metro even though some days the parking lot was full. Did'nt keep up with the numbers but I got about 15 fat mallets in the freezer that I will dole out and eat through the year with some good wine and good memories. I wish I had not got that upper respiratory thingy that was going around after Thanksgiving because that knocked me out from some hunts on the 2'nd split. 3'rd split was like the "old days" at times. The bottom line was that the season ended safe for me, my dog and my buds so I count my blessing on that.:thumb:

·
Registered
172 Posts
10 +... everyone that god gives me is a good one!!! we are only gonna get so many. first of the season was real good.. middle split was slow. last season was something special... the last 4 days ended with 3 bands.. greenhead,sprig,gadwall...

1 - 20 of 46 Posts