Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
11,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One of them kept a confiscated Remington rifle for his own personal use and did not turn it in to evidence, he also had two wenches that were bought for an ATV and a AGFC vehicle on his own personal vehicle. That is what it says in the rest of the article. One of the guys was a Col. and the other was a Maj., both have been busted back down to Corporal

·
Registered
12,769 Posts
One of them kept a confiscated Remington rifle for his own personal use and did not turn it in to evidence, he also had two wenches that were bought for an ATV and a AGFC vehicle on his own personal vehicle. That is what it says in the rest of the article. One of the guys was a Col. and the other was a Maj., both have been busted back down to Corporal
Now wait a minute........one in a sense stole a firearm by confiscation which is a felony and he gets demoted.......still has arrest powers when in reality he is felon...not convicted yet but the demotion is IMO pretty good evidence.

The other misused public property for his use of items over $500 ..a felony and He get demoted??

I think someone needs to hit the AGFC with the smart stick and start living up to the LAW!!!!!!:mad:

·
Super Moderator<br>2012-13 Deer Hunting Contest Wi
11,017 Posts
The same one kept the rifle and installed the winch on his truck and took it with him when he left the county he was working in. Arkansas County bought the winches for the AGFC to use but not on personal vehicles and they were to be used in the county.

The other guys demotion was over a hunting related issue.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Now wait a minute........one in a sense stole a firearm by confiscation which is a felony and he gets demoted.......still has arrest powers when in reality he is felon...not convicted yet but the demotion is IMO pretty good evidence.

The other misused public property for his use of items over $500 ..a felony and He get demoted??

I think someone needs to hit the AGFC with the smart stick and start living up to the LAW!!!!!!:mad:

they should be fired and in jaiil if this is correct.............:head:

·
Registered
11,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I hope the guy has his facts wrong.

You can confiscate a rifle and keep it for your own use and keep your job?
According to the article in the paper it says that; " AGFC wildlife officer Matt Guthrie seized a Remington Model 7 .308-caliber bolt action rifle from Dennis Johnson of Manila in November 2006. Guthrie was investigating night hunting on the White River National Wildlife Refuge." The gun was supposed to be taken to AGFC headquarters in Little Rock by Major Robbie Stout, who was a Captain at the time. It was never checked in and was later found in Stout's home. He is also is the officer who was using the winches on his own personal vehicle. "Col. Chris Carpenter was demoted because of an incident that occured while he was hunting, according to those familiar with the case, but the exact circumstances were unavailable because resolution of the case is pending."

·
Registered
12,769 Posts
According to the article in the paper it says that; " AGFC wildlife officer Matt Guthrie seized a Remington Model 7 .308-caliber bolt action rifle from Dennis Johnson of Manila in November 2006. Guthrie was investigating night hunting on the White River National Wildlife Refuge." The gun was supposed to be taken to AGFC headquarters in Little Rock by Major Robbie Stout, who was a Captain at the time. It was never checked in and was later found in Stout's home. He is also is the officer who was using the winches on his own personal vehicle. "Col. Chris Carpenter was demoted because of an incident that occured while he was hunting, according to those familiar with the case, but the exact circumstances were unavailable because resolution of the case is pending."
That would be theft ...PLAIN AND SIMPLE!!!!!!!!!!

He is a Felon in my book!!!

Dennis Johnson didn't inquire about his gun??
You seize my gun and I am going to be .............well this is a family type site......but your gonna HATE ME!!!

You seize my gun you better have a charge!!!

If the AGFC doesn't prosecute these then they will never have creditability in my book!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
I don't see how any citation these gentlemen wrote would stand up in court. The first thing that I would have my lawyer bring up is the fact that these gentlemen (I use the term loosely) had been demoted due to thier lack of integrity. How can you presume that these gentlemen wrote those tickets lawfully? They have already proven that they don't do things by the book. I see these two as liabilities to the good order and faith of the AGFC. But I'm not surprised as I have witnessed WO's lying under oath in a case against me. The AGFC is making thier own agency into one large expensive joke. I understand that most of the WO's are good folks, but there sure are a bunch that aren't!

·
Registered
341 Posts
You know, the freedom of information act has its purpose and place, and I don't think this is either. Those guys screwed up and AGFC dealt with it. That's all anybody needs to know. The Dem-Gaz goes too far and gets too nosey sometimes with the FOIA. Other than that, I'm glad the AGFC dealt with internal problems and I like the fact that they didn't try to smear the guys publicly. I respect a company or organization that doesn't need to go running to the public for it's approval or advice every time it needs to make a decision.
Jared

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.