2 a.m. Alarm never gets any easier

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by SABowhunter10, Dec 19, 2012.

1. SABowhunter10

SABowhunter10 Well-Known Member

Love getting up but i swear as slow as it is right now that bed is ever tempting

2. jarred_g

jarred_g Well-Known Member

Ain't that the truth!

3. Terrym72

Terrym72 Well-Known Member

Tell me about it!! The only diffrence is I have to get up that early if I wanna paycheck lol

4. SwampCat

SwampCat Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Slow, slow. I can see ducks going to roost at dark. Usually see in the hundreds. Last night, I saw 24. Skeeters out this morning. At least I don't have to get up until 5:00

5. snydedawg

snydedawg Well-Known Member

I've decided if I have to get up at two.... I'll find a mom and pop to crash at closer!!

Especially with it as slow as it is. At least an overnight trip would be some entertainment.

6. tyhunter23

tyhunter23 Well-Known Member

I have always been a morning person, but from after getting up early just about every weekend and some during the week from September to February it gets tough on the slow cold mornings.

7. possum

possum Well-Known Member

Being I don't sleep good at night to begin with I take a good nap in the afternoon and I don't get up at 2 a.m. because I'm still up.

8. bottmhtr

bottmhtr Well-Known Member

gotta love it to get up that early. not for me, i'm with the above poster, looking for a cheap motel. usually for me about 4:45 for woods in dd or 5:15 to hunt pit.

9. stumpy waters

stumpy waters Account Suspended

So set it for 4:30.

10. Deadwood

Deadwood Well-Known Member

i love to hunt but gettin up at 3 is messin up my mid days get too tired to do much.

11. Razorback123

Razorback123 Super Member<br>The Original BBDH

Yep I usually go home and sleep.... Get up for dinner... Go back to sleep... Hahha

12. Rob

Rob Well-Known Member

Cabot
    If it is slow and what you are doing is not working for you, change it up. I don't know if you stay all day or to 12:00 pm in public but get to place mid morning and hunt middle part of day. Or if private hunt afternoon if possible. I am not going to keep repeating same pattern if ducks are not cooperating. I understand that they might change and come In early morning but you will hear about it and be able to be back next morning. When it get slow I do some scouting early morning. Looking for ducks and other hunter. Hope I find ducks and no hunters. Don't just go out the same place the same time everyday, yes that gets old quick, especially if your not wacken them.

Definition of insanity is doing the same thing the same way and expecting different results.