1967 vs 2007

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by D33RHUNT3R, Jan 10, 2008.

1. D33RHUNT3R

D33RHUNT3R Well-Known Member

1967 Vs. 2007

1967 Vs. 2007 in school Scenario: Jack goes quail hunting before school, pulls into school parking lot with shotgun in gun rack. 1967 - Vice principal comes over to look at Jack's shotgun. He goes to his car and gets his shotgun to show Jack. 2007 - School goes into lock down, and FBI is called. Jack is hauled off to jail and never sees his truck or gun again. Counselors called in for traumatized students and teachers.

Scenario: Johnny and Mark get into a fistfight after school. 1967 - Crowd gathers. Mark wins. Johnny and Mark shake hands and end up best friends. 2007 - Police called. SWAT team arrives. Johnny and Mark are arrested and charged with assault. Both are expelled even though Johnny started it.

Scenario: Jeffrey won't be still in class, disrupts other students. 1967 - Jeffrey sent to office and given a good paddling by the principal. He returns to class, sits still, and does not disrupt class again. 2007 - Jeffrey is diagnosed with ADD and given huge doses of Ritalin; becomes a zombie. School gets extra money from state because Jeffrey has a learning disability.

Scenario: Billy breaks a window in his neighbor's car and his Dad gives him a whipping with his belt. 1967 - Billy is more careful next time, grows up normal, goes to college, and becomes a successful businessman. 2007 - Billy's dad is arrested for child abuse. Billy is placed in foster care and joins a gang. State psychologist convinces Billy's sister that she remembers being abused herself, and their dad goes to prison. Billy's mom has affair with psychologist.

Scenario: Mark gets a headache and takes some aspirin to school. 1967 - Mark shares aspirin with principal out on the smoking dock. 2007 - Police called. Mark is expelled from school for drug violations. Car is searched for drugs and weapons.

Scenario: Pedro fails high school English. 1967 - Pedro goes to summer school, passes English, goes to college, and graduates. 2007 - Pedro's cause is taken up by state. Newspaper articles appear nationally explaining that teaching English as a requirement for graduation is racist. ACLU files class action lawsuit against state school system and Pedro's English teacher. English banned from core curriculum. Pedro is given a diploma anyway but ends up mowing lawns for a living because he cannot speak English.

Scenario: Johnny takes apart leftover firecrackers from 4th of July, puts them in a model airplane paint bottle, and blows up a red ant bed. 1967 - Ants die. 2007 - Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, Homeland Security, and FBI called. Johnny is charged with domestic terrorism. The FBI investigates parents; siblings are removed from home; computers confiscated. Johnny's dad goes on a terror watch list and is never allowed to fly again.

Scenario: Johnny falls while running during recess and scrapes his knee. He is found crying by his teacher, Heather. Heather hugs him to comfort him. 1967 - In a short time, Johnny feels better and goes on playing. 2007 - Heather is accused of being a sexual predator and loses her job. She faces three years in state prison. Johnny undergoes five years of therapy.

Aint this the :angry: Truth Sad but all true...

2. fc

fc Well-Known Member

That's because God and the paddle were removed. Bring both back and these kids might start acting right.

3. flintknapper

flintknapper Moderator/smokepole pimp

I know you're right, but I fear it'll never happen. :frown:

4. Down on the White

Down on the White Well-Known Member

All I know is if I got it at school I had one waiting for me when I got home.:hide:

5. D33RHUNT3R

Ya my oldest tried the "thats double jeapordy" crap, I laughed and said " Ya so" I'm also the Judge jury and Executioner and this is a Dictatorship .. Not a democracy :biggrin: Deal with it ...

6. D33RHUNT3R

They may have removed it at school but God/Paddle has not been removed from my home nor is it spared when nessasary...

I still say this after my home has been envaded by DHS twice ...

The last one lost/left her job over me the last rd...:thumb:

I simply challenged Her and she threw me out of Her office ... I replied to Her boss telling him if she couldnt deal with me for 5 min how in the world does she think SHE WOULD handle my son ????? I 'll thank them to mind their own business along with the undisciplined public school ..

7. CDay

CDay Well-Known Member

Heck you don't have to go as far back 1967. It was still the same way back when I graduated in 1986. All the problems in our school systems have only been in the last 20 years.

8. lunger

lunger Well-Known Member

D33RHUNT3R , can I send my son up to stay with you ? I'll pay for his room & board !!!!!!

9. D33RHUNT3R

Surely tho JEST----:nono:.....I have 3 :stooges: and a girl already, I'm 44, I'm trying not to shoot myself or end up in a locked/padded room :biggrin: .. I only have 7 yrs till the 2 lil ones turn 18... and believe me you dont have enough money... Dont get me wrong I have GREAT kids and I love everyone of them...My girl is as good as gold and thats the one I'm more AFRAID of than she is me .. :biggrin:

Just out of curiosity :biggrin: ..How old ?

I have 8 children in my home as I type this (8 will spend the night tonight) this in unusal, its Johns B-day He is 13 . ... and seriously it quiet :)

10. cuppinducks

cuppinducks Well-Known Member

It all starts at home. But I agree it needs to be reenforced at school but it will never be. I graduated in 2001 and I can remember getting whooped at school and yes I mean whooped.

11. D33RHUNT3R

I have begged, pleaded and offered to sign any waiver to paddle them and it has happened just once that was my youngest and he was in about the 2nd grade and I dont recall what happened now 99% of the time they wanna recommend Medication ... We have put a stop to that in a very BLUNT way to several teachers that that wasnt an option ..

They have only paddle my youngest boy (once) in about the 2nd grade the 3 of them have deserved FAR more than that IMO.. But they just WONT do it ..
    I asked 1 of my boys and to my suprise they still say the Pleage of Alligence and say GOD everyday... And I have been suprised that We still have prayers at the school Football/Basketball/Christmas here so I am glad that in my area schools have slipped but have not completely fallen yet...

But the Liberals are invading FAST... :censored:

12. lunger

lunger Well-Known Member

18 going on 30 ! :rolleyes: Any second thoughts? And you are right , ain't got no money.