Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what this motor would sell for?

I think it is 1980 model....It has been sitting for about ten years and I got it out last year and had to put a float in it. It ran like a new motor, but the idel was a little rough. I really think all it needed was a good carb cleaning.

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,500 Posts
What's it look like? I had one for a while that I painted across the bottom of the 1 and 8 and made it look like 10hp....not long after that they abolished the 10hp limit on my fav. lake!:fit::up:

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
very hard to say. look on craigslist.org, ebay. it leak oil from the lower unit any oil in the lower unit ? a new water pump i would say is in order. my guess about $200-250 range if it needs a pump lower unit leaks. a lot of slop in the trans gears means trouble. with nothing wrong at all and on a 1-10 scale above a 7 in looks add $100 more. thats my 2 cents worth. don't know a lot on merc's but i think a 15, 18, 20 hp are the same except for carbs i'm sure the merc guys know 99% more than me if the merc is painted white there real old no resale value at all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.