Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, I have a few gift cards to gander and I just wanted to ask what is the cheapest you can pick up a .17 for? I know they go about as high as you want to spend, but don't know the bottom end. Thanks. :thumb:

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
Ok guys, I have a few gift cards to gander and I just wanted to ask what is the cheapest you can pick up a .17 for? I know they go about as high as you want to spend, but don't know the bottom end. Thanks. :thumb:
The cheapest I saw there this past Saturday was a Marlin. It was like $239 there. Tell them it's $208 at Academy and they will match Academy for the price.

·
Super Moderator
9,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The cheapest I saw there this past Saturday was a Marlin. It was like $239 there. Tell them it's $208 at Academy and they will match Academy for the price.
Is it really $208 at academy, or are you saying just tell them that? :thumb:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Before Gander Mountain will do a price match it has to be in a print add somewhere they won't except an internet add. At least thats what they told me on a 308 Marlin Express a month ago.

·
Premium Member<br>2009 Turkey Contest Winner<br>20
11,525 Posts
I have a savage with a bull barrel and I'm pretty sure I paid around $200. It shoots good

·
Registered
10,499 Posts
If I were you I'd kick in whatever extra money was needed in order to get a Savage with heavy barrel with the accu-trigger. You shouldn't have a problem getting one for less than $300. I've shot the Marlin (I do know where there's a used stainless with laminated stock for sale for $200), the Savage with accu-trigger, and I own a non accu-trigger Savage and there's just no comparison.

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
I have a savage with a bull barrel and I'm pretty sure I paid around $200. It shoots good
All the Savages I have seen have been $259 before tax. That was the price at three different places that carry them.

Also, Gander told me as long as it's the same model number, they can call Academy and verify it. This was at Christmas time, so it shouldn't have changed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts