Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like the spawn is going full bore here in Texas. I’ve seen several over 13 posted the last couple of weeks and a friend caught one almost 12.
Guys that braved the freezing temps and snow this week had a good chance at a lunker.

IMG_0254.jpg

IMG_0255.jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looks like the spawn is going full bore here in Texas. I’ve seen several over 13 posted the last couple of weeks and a friend caught one almost 12.
Guys that braved the freezing temps and snow this week had a good chance at a lunker.

View attachment 300683
View attachment 300684
They may be catching big ones but the spawn is not happening yet!

·
Premium Member
13,758 Posts
That thing doesn't even look real! That's awesome and something I'd love to see one day.

·
Registered
26,318 Posts
That would be the size of the Arkansas state record. Mallard lake, for all you NE AR fishermen.

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They may be catching big ones but the spawn is not happening yet!
Probably true for this one. My friend’s fish was on Falcon- way further south. He caught it in a couple of feet of water and it spewed eggs all over his boat. If it wasn’t spawning it was awful close. I’m sure the central and east Texas lakes aren’t quite there.

·
Grand Member
10,914 Posts
Fish spawn on Falcon in January at times, a couple of friends fished a tournament on Okeechobee last week and said the bass moved up on the beds during the tournament.

·
Grand Member
10,914 Posts
Probably with the water temps normally seen in Falcon there are a few fish that spawn in there about anytime except the very hottest months in summer. The guys I know that fish Florida regularly say it's not unusual to see some bass on the beds in December during a warm winter. The guys fishing down there last weekend hated coming back home, it was in the mid 80's in south Florida and they were having to rush home to out run the winter storm we had.

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Same lake produced a 14.2 and a 14.4 today. It’s on fire. Rumor is they’re using livescope to catch them suspended in trees in 70 feet of water.

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
Same lake produced a 14.2 and a 14.4 today. It’s on fire. Rumor is they’re using livescope to catch them suspended in trees in 70 feet of water.
Ok I am sure it has been discussed before but what is yalls opinion......does livescope give a person an unfair advantage?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Arkansas Hunting mobile app

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
Oh dont misunderstand me if you want to pay that much to see fish then have at it. If you want to use it then go ahead but it's kinda like the whole crossbow gun thing.......when is enough enough

Sent from my SM-G892A using Arkansas Hunting mobile app

Reactions: jackie53
1 - 20 of 38 Posts