15" used tires for a trailer are hard to find !!!

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by jwalker, Jan 6, 2011.

1. jwalker

jwalker Well-Known Member

Went to 6 different tire shops today looking for 235/75/15 used tires no one had any not 1 so I gave up and went to axle supply in Ward and bought 2 new tires and wheels.

2. yep, since most tire sizes range from 16-20" from factory and bigger aftermarket 15's are like GOLD. i found that out before deer season and i got 2 at Fleet Tire on broadway for 35.00 EACH :smack: i could have got new one's for a bit more. :doh:

3. possum

possum Moderator<br>2011-12 Deer Hunting Contest Winner<b

They're becoming a rare commodity that's for sure.

4. jwalker

New tires 43.00 each and tire and wheel 63.00 not to bad

5. arc3162

arc3162 Well-Known Member

thats not bad at all j, I blew a tire on my boat trailer last summer and had to get one quick to get it off the highway. I ended up paying $75 for a new tire with mounting and balance at one of the local service stations.

6. jwalker

Axles and more in Ward,Ar is the hook up !! They got all trailer stuff u need.

7. n2deer

n2deer Well-Known Member

I have some used trailer tires I would sell, I will check the size tomorrow.

8. jwalker

They r like gold

9. I used to buy the used ones until I blew a few out pretty quick after putting them on.
    Now I just put new ones on.....a little more money but for the distances I pull trailers it's worth it.

10. Maximaman

Maximaman Well-Known Member

I've got a brand new set of 4 Goodyear wranglers in 235/75/15 never been on the mounted . ( I won them but don't fit anything I've got ).

11. Arkie_3_fan

Arkie_3_fan Well-Known Member

I'm going to have to check out this Axles and More place. I need new tires on my 14' utility trailer and on my boat trailer.
    I'm also looking for some place I can get a piece of composite transom material for my boat. Gotta get everything fixed up and get it in the water this spring.

12. natestep

natestep Well-Known Member

I bought a set of 15" trailer radials for my 16' trailer. I think they were 60 something apiece. They are 8 plies I believe. I know there is alot of difference in the way the trailer rides.

13. How much and where are they located. I also need some for a trailer.

14. coonnutz

coonnutz Well-Known Member

I lucked out and found some used 15'' tires for my trailer at A-Star tire in Cabot, they sure are hard to come by..

15. Wes Ramsey

Wes Ramsey Well-Known Member

If you can happen across some hubs off a house trailer that will fit your axle, you can get all you want at any mobile home dealer for about $30/ea for tire and rim. I know Quality in Conway has a pile of them for that price.

16. Arkie_3_fan

Arkie_3_fan Well-Known Member

I don't suppose the place in Ward is open on the weekends are they?

17. jwalker

Idk if they r call and see ?