10mm ammo

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by Whispering Death, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Whispering Death

Whispering Death Well-Known Member

I know a lot of people reload 10mm and I would love to get into reloading I just have no clue on where to start. Until then, I'm looking for cheap 10mm ammo. Has anyone every shot BVAC (Bitteroot Valley Ammunition & Components) ammo in their G20? Thanks.

2. coonnutz

coonnutz Well-Known Member

I shoot a G20 and never have tried bvac but if it's cheap enough I will:up:

3. Whispering Death

I'm looking at 169.95 for 500 rounds. Georgia Arms has cheaper ammo, but they are out of stock.

4. coonnutz

$0.34 a round that isn't too terribly bad..

5. Whispering Death

What ammo do u shoot coonnutz?

6. coonnutz

Hornady, and Cor Bon of course I use cheaper plinking rounds too:up:

7. Whispering Death

Haha I should have been more specific in my question. What kind of cheap plinking rounds do u shoot? I'm just looking for cheap target ammo.

8. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator Staff Member

NE Ark
    A single stage press and set of dies will get you well on the way to loading you own ammo. You could probably get set up for well under $100 and be turning out good shooting ammo. From there, just a set of dies will get you into loading another caliber.

9. coonnutz

Umc 180 Gr FMJ, and I have no idea what they cost a box either cause when I bought the gun 7 years ago it came with 300 rounds of fmj and 300 rounds of hollow points..

My plinking stock is getting low, so I need to buy some here before too long, or get a reloader..

10. Whispering Death

Mr. C, could you send me a link to a good press or refer me to some good equipment?

11. huskyman

huskyman Well-Known Member

I shoot and reload for 10mm. This is probably my favorite handgun round! Any single stage press will work, I picked up a RCBS press, powder measure, and 5-0-5 scale at the Twin-lakes Gun Show in Mtn. Home a couple of years ago for $60. A set of dies will run around $30 to $40, and a hand primer tool about $20. You can get to reloading relatively cheap if you look for bargains. It's become a hobby to me and I get to practice more than ever. If you love to shoot, it's the way to go! One of these days I am going to get me another Dillon Progessive Press, I had a 650 XL several years back, and I wish now that I had never let it go. A nice progessive will set you back a few dollars, but it sure makes the process alot quicker. I also have a Glock 20 and it is a love/hate relationship, love everything about the G20, the grip just does'nt fit my big hands :banghead: If you need any help or info on the 10mm just let me know, and I have quite a surplus of Brass and loaded rounds along with some factory fodder I might would wheel and deal on!:thumb:

Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
  12. glassmedic2003

glassmedic2003 Active Member

its a stress breaker for me- I been reloading about 30 yrs-you can get a lee set up for under $100.00. but if i had to do it over i would buy a rcbs press and lee dies.The rcbs press is much better press-but i like the lee dies- the cost of ammo is about half if u reload