Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not bad for riding around til 7am then throwing out. Had no idea what to do in 60 degree weather with call and decoy shy birds not to mention two 13 year old boys! They had a blast and got limits! I would do it again in a heartbeat!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well the high today was like 59 or something. Idk what it was this morning. We did have an great hunt though! One of the boys called me earlier to tell me thank you. It felt so good knowing that he had a good time.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
That is a great feeling. To me anyway. The only problem with it is usually I end up feeling like I just stole all of there expendable income for many years to come. Cause I know they will get hooked just like me. Does that make us quack dealers?

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks man! These kids dads dont really hunt of anykind and they are just eat up with it. Seeing there face in the timber today seeing mallards in groups of up to 30 just reacting to comeback calls and stuff was just priceless. I thought the whites of their teeth were going to make the birds flare! Which would have completely ok with me. HAHA. They also got a taste of how fast black jacks (Ringnecks) are LOL

·
Registered
748 Posts
Agree totally got the first chance to take my 6 year old out with me, and boy was he excited. I wish I could of taken a pic of his face when the 20 Teal came in hot on our decoys. It was priceless, and he hasn't stoppped talking about it ever since. And I will never forget his reaction when the Mallards in the timber were chuckling 15 minutes before sunrise. After that I was sure we werent going to see anything, but them Teal are wreckless, or maybe they just heard him saying DUCK!!!DUCK!!!DUCK!!!! dad thats a mallard duck right? and figured someone was calling them in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.