Largest Cinco de Mayo Celebration Canceled

Discussion in 'News and Politics' started by ladyinwaiting, Mar 19, 2017.

1. ladyinwaiting

ladyinwaiting Well-Known Member

NE
  2. totalcomfort

totalcomfort Super Member<br>2009 Photo Contest Winner

Score 1 for Trump :up:

3. pearlsnaps

pearlsnaps Well-Known Member

It's Philly, not Houston. Probably 90% white people looking for a reason to get drunk. Just trying to bring attention to whatever agenda they will project next.

Triple Threat and odocoi like this.
  4. pearlsnaps

pearlsnaps Well-Known Member

I say that b/c even in Little Rock, the Cinco de Mayo parties downtown are mostly white as well. Just as any other downtown party for any reason drunks can find to drink.

5. odocoi

odocoi Well-Known Member

Cinco de Mayo is celebrated more by Americans anyhow. The cancelation is probably more for attention. Let's be vigilant and report anyone who looks illegal! :doh:

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  6. R6mm

R6mm Well-Known Member

So....let's just cut thru the obvious spin. These groups are just upset because they're afraid immigration laws are really going to be enforced, & want to make it sound like they're the victim's, & not the lawbreakers.

jhw likes this.
  7. Allenn

Allenn Well-Known Member

I like tacos and I like to drink beer .

8. flydown

flydown Well-Known Member

Beebe
    If they were truly proud of their heritage, they would still be in Mexico anyway and would not have to worry about it.

R6mm, jhw, wawa and 1 other person like this.
  9. John Stiles

John Stiles Ultimate Member<br>2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner

I like to drink beer too!

Allenn likes this.
  10. Allenn

Allenn Well-Known Member

Always good deals on Mexican food and beer around the house on Cinco de Mayo lol.

11. fullcredit

fullcredit Super Moderator<br>2010-11 Deer Hunting Contest Wi

Do they celebrate our Independence Day on July 4th in Mexico?

R6mm, Triple Threat, jhw and 2 others like this.
  12. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator

NE Ark
    Why yes they do.

You can also go in to their country illegally and demand that they tech your kids in English in the school system and also demand free health care and government assistance for living and food.

Triple Threat likes this.
  13. fullcredit

fullcredit Super Moderator<br>2010-11 Deer Hunting Contest Wi

Sounds like such a nice place

14. odocoi

odocoi Well-Known Member

For starters it isn't Mexico's Independence Day, second, it's barely a celebration in Mexico at all. Just another case of Americans looking for a reason to celebrate and booze it up.

pearlsnaps likes this.
  15. Allenn

Allenn Well-Known Member

That is exactly what it is 100% . If I don't have anything going I will usually go eat dinner at one of the Mexican restaurants with friends, they usually have live bands and drink and food specials. The only Mexicans in the place are the ones working. This weekend was another great example St Patrick's Day lots of people out drinking and partying where I live . I don't have anything against it at all I just think it's all an excuse to drink ect.

16. John Stiles

John Stiles Ultimate Member<br>2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner

I don't need an excuse, I have one bottle of beer a day whether I need it or not!

Allenn likes this.
  17. Way back when, Mexican dictators played the old scam -- they would borrow from other countries for "improvements," steal the money and not pay it back.

The French got tired and sent a warship, La Mayonnaise. The Mexicans sank it and ever since have celebrated Sinko de Mayo.:biggrin:

jhw, Allenn and John Stiles like this.
  18. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator

NE Ark
    Keep yer day job Vern. :thumb:

jhw and pearlsnaps like this.