Jalapeno Jerky Marinade

Discussion in 'Cooking, Grilling, BBQ, and Recipes' started by Hobbshunter, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Hobbshunter

Hobbshunter Well-Known Member

NWA
    Last summer, my buddy gave me a bunch of jalapenos from his garden, so I had to find something to do with them. I adapted this marinade recipe, and it is AWESOME!

3 finely chopped jalapenos. Seeds in. (I wrote down the recipe using small peppers, so use less if you've got the big ones from the store)
    1/3 cup worcestershire
    1/3 cup soy sauce
    3 tsp salt
    2 tsp black pepper
    2 tsp garlic powder
    1 tsp liquid smoke
    2 tsp chili powder
    2 tbsp ketchup
    1/3 cup water

2. Da Duke

Da Duke Well-Known Member

Think I'll try this one. I have been lookin for another one since mc cormack quit making there mexican spice. I used that in my jerky resipe. It was great and I know it was because every time I made 10 lbs. my kids would come over and eat it all before I got any.

3. arcountryboy

arcountryboy Well-Known Member

I made some last night, cept I use 1/2 habanero with seeds instead. gonna see how it turns out tomorrow!

4. Hobbshunter

NWA
    Sounds good. The jalapeno stuff isnt really THAT hot.

5. seymore whitetail

seymore whitetail Well-Known Member

This sounds great!! Now I know what I'm going to make with that first kill!:up:

6. MollyWhop

MollyWhop Well-Known Member

Your toilet is not gonna like that recipe twist...:fit::fit:

7. seymore whitetail

seymore whitetail Well-Known Member

HAHAHAHA:fit::fit:

8. arcountryboy

arcountryboy Well-Known Member

Just a heads up, stick with the jalapeno the orgianl recipe called for or at least just use a small strip of habanero, the toilet survived, but I didnt think I was ever gonna get that stuff ate!!!! Good recipe although next time I will add some extra liquid smoke to mine, I like that smokey flavor.

9. Hobbshunter

NWA
    Made a bunch of this last night. Enough to completely fill a gallon ziploc bag of jerky. I brought it to the office, and I dont think it's gonna last til lunch! Dang scavengers around here!:biggrin: