Hunters and Bigfoot - The Basics.

Discussion in 'Predators, Varmints, and Hogs' started by Tal_H._Branco, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Tal_H._Branco

Tal_H._Branco Well-Known Member

Since my first post, I received phone calls and e-mail from hunters I know that check this forum, and personal mail from forum members, asking me to share information on this board about some of the things I have learned about the subject animals. I will do that.

I am an Arkansan and have been a woods rat for 67 of my 75 years. Before it is too late I want to share some things with other Arkansas Hunters that you should really be aware of. I have testified in a hundred or so cases in federal, state, county and city courts as a law enforcement officer, state investigator and an expert witness. I have never even been accused of lying under oath. And, my promise to you is, what you read will be the truth.

But first I would like to pose some questions to all forum members willing to honestly answer them. (As this is YOUR website and YOUR forum, not our group's, you may post ANY kind of response, honest, silly or demeaning. I won't waste any part of the short time I have left on this old earth to reply to foolishness or sillyness.)

1. Have you ever heard - usually at night - a very loud sound "exactly like a woman screaming in great pain or distress", with the sound coming from a remote wooded area not likely to have a woman present?

2. Have you ever heard - usually at night - the sound of a baby crying, with the sound coming from a remote wooded area not likely to have a baby present?

3. In the bottom lands, have you ever heard - usually at night, but sometimes just before dark, the very loud sounds of wood being beaten against wood (usually a tree or log, but sometimes against man made structures)?

4. In the mountains, have you ever heard - usually at night, but sometimes just before dark, the very loud sounds of rocks being beaten against rocks?

5. Have you heard deep, coarse human-like whistling sounds coming from one or more locations where humans would not likely be?

6. Have you heard the distinct sounds of daytime birds coming from one or more locations near you at night when there was no full moon? (Typically the sound of crows, cardinals or quail, but sometimes the sounds of domestic hens or roosters from areas where there are no homes or farms)

7. Any extremely loud human-like yelling, shouting or high pitched scream sounds that were continued without interrupution for a time period that would seem to be out of range of a human's lung capacity?

8. Very early in the morning, or anytime from nightfall to full daylight, have you every had something follow beside you, out of sight but whose footsteps could be heard, and whatever it was walked when you walked and stopped when you stopped?

9. Day or night while hunting, have you ever had the distinct feeling that someone one was watching you, and you began to feel very uneasy or nervous? Was the feeling strong enough that the hair on your arms and/or neck "stood up"?

10. While in the woods have you ever detected a very strong and obnoxious odor that seemed to be a combination of rotten eggs (hydrogen sulfide), a raw sewer and rotten meat? Was the smell strong enough that your eyes burned and watered, or made you nauseous? (Forget about the simple sulfide smell from the paper mills, that one is relatively mild compared to the real thing. LOL)

11. Have you, or any members of your controlled access hunting club, made a killing shot on a deer that managed to get out of the shooter's sight before it fell and bled out, but when the deer was tracked to the spot it died it was missing with no evidence showing that it had been drug away?

12. While hunting the more inaccessible part of the river bottoms or the mountains have you every found the bones or other remains of several different kind of animals or turkeys on the ground near caves or bluff overhangs in the hills or on Indian mounds, swamp islands or in the thickets on high ground in the wetlands bottoms?

13. As a night hunter using dogs, has your dogs ever refused to leave the area of your vehicle when first put out? Have they ever quit hunting and returned to you and acted cowered by something? Did they continue to watch a certain area around you with the hair on their neck raised?

14. Have you had dogs to seemingly disappear at night and never be found?

15. Have you found in the woods, the body of any dog that had the top of its head crushed?

16. Have you ever found the freshly killed bodies of deer, hogs or calves from a nearby ranch that had the rib cage torn open down the front and the heart and liver removed? A fresh kill that had a hind quarter or the head torn off and missing. Were any of the leg bones broken?

17. Has anyone that you trusted for the truth, every told you of seeing in the woods a very large and muscular, human-like creature covered in reddish brown hair, with long swinging arms, walking upright but slightly stooped? Did you belive him or her?

Thank you for taking the time to read this long post. If your answer to any of these questions was YES, I would like to know when, where and how long ago. I and others very much need that input for a computerized data base. If you don't want to post that info on the forum, PLEASE send me a personal mail. If you had rather talk to me. Send me a phone number and a time I could call.

Regards,
    Tal

Last edited: Jan 7, 2010
  2. bayed solid

bayed solid Well-Known Member

Bigfoot

I want to know about ur encounters with it?

3. TMHC

TMHC Well-Known Member

Are you associated with the BFRO?

4. hunter_3780

hunter_3780 Select Member<br>2014 Team Turkey Contest Winner

my dad and grandpa found the head of a doe on giant rock in northwest arkansas. there is no way a coyote or anything like that could climb that rock. we always thought it was probably a mountain lion.

5. Veo

Veo Super Member<br>2012 Turkey Contest Winner

x2

6. Rusty Crawford

Rusty Crawford Well-Known Member

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

7. BullDog

BullDog Well-Known Member

:eek::eek:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2010
  8. trashbag boogier

trashbag boogier Well-Known Member

:head::confused:

9. woodsnwater

woodsnwater Well-Known Member

I read through some of these things and could answer some with yes. I always say there is an explanation for everything. Whether a woodpecker, panther, bear ect....... I am not saying there is'nt, but I am not saying there is. With all the technology and game cameras out, why are there no pictures? I watch Monster Quest every so often and really find it interesting. Just like the ivory billed woodpecker. I have ran into people at Dagmar and Cache River Refuge asking me questions about it. Sorry, I do'nt know. I am not a bird watcher. I guess there are possibilities. Gosh, now I am gonna be paranoid.:eek:

10. tmeredith

tmeredith Platinum Member Redneck Slum Lord

11. Tal_H._Branco

I have only seen two of the creatures, a very large male and another that had the body shape and size of a female. There was a time span of about three years between the two sightings. Both were seen in the Ouachita National Forest about 7 road miles (about 5 map miles) west of Lake Winona. The male was seen at the intersection of NF Roads #114C & 114D which is north of NF Road 114 (Lake Winona Road). The female was seen along Bread Creek beside NF Road 961, about 4 miles south of the other sighting. (South of the Alum Fork of Saline River.) Both creatures were seen because I and some other hunters had heard very loud vocalizations from one in the area one night about 10 years earlier, and I later found tracks that showed there were two small groups in that general area, and I concentrated on the area. I camped in the area as much as possible during all seasons for about three years. I heard them often and had them respond to calls many, many times. Found where they obtained water during the hot & dry part of summer. Their tracks were obvious around the remote and secluded spring. The groups interacted with me but were never aggressive until I tried to catch them at the spring at noon on an August day when the temperature was about 103 degrees. I found out d--- quick that they did not like that. The male leader threw a screaming, roaring, limb breaking, dead tree toppling, rock throwing fit like I have never heard since. (Although a male that I and two other folks tried to entertain with recorded male bigfoot calls in the mountains in Jackson County, West Virginia also put on a similar show one night. We left before that show was over too.) When the Saline County male started his charge down the mountain, I left for camp. The creatures apparently held no grudges after the spring episode. The males continued to mess with me at night around camp. Whooping, beating rocks together, imitating owls but botching the job deliberately, beating trees with sticks and moving huge rocks and placing them on a trail I used to get my camp water. They would often come up to the camper at night, and I would not know it until I saw their tracks on the powdery surface of the shale covered road I was camped on. Game and trip-wire cameras? I tried about everything I could afford. (And I will devote another post to that subject, and why nobody gets a game cam pic.) Some hunter will probably get a good photo of one while in a deer stand in the near future. Remember this: A GOOD, CLEAR photo of one of these animals will be worth a large chunk of money. Hold that photo, don't post it anywhere. Don't give a copy away!

You folks asked about my encounters; I told you about my only two sightings. My "encounters" - wherein the creatures were close by but not seen - would make a large part of a book. And such a book is in the works now. I have been close to these creatures in 10 of the States in which I searched for them. You do not have to see one to know it is close by and watching every move you make. If you get too close to a group's bedding area, or a group foraging at night, they will make sure you know you are not welcome. And they will show you how strong they are just to make sure you know what you are dealing with.

Just so you know. Many of the older residents in the Ouachitas, from Little Rock into eastern Oklahoma, have seen or have direct knowledge of these creatures. Some of those folks will talk to you about them if it is a one-on-one conversation. Most won't discuss the subject in a group conversation.

And, since this is a hunting forum, I need to say something that I will discuss in more detail on another post. I have talked to hundreds of hunters who have seen these animals in 15 states. Some knew about the creatures beforehand, and had said they would kill one if they every had the chance. They had the chance, but did not shoot. I will explain why they didn't, and why no hunter should even consider it, later.

If you hunt in the areas mentioned above, let me know about any unusual thing you have seen or heard up there.

The two groups are still in the area, although clear cutting and timber thinning in the area has caused them to shift their foraging route to the Lake area to the higher elevations along the south side of White Oak, Grindstone and Crystal Mountains.

Tal

12. Tal_H._Branco

Woodsnwater: Please tell me which of my questions can be explained by "a woodpecker, panther, bear, etc." I, and a lot of other folks would really like have to that knowledge.

13. Tal_H._Branco

No, I am not associated with the BFRO, but I am familiar with their research and expedition data. They carried out at least one, maybe more, expeditions in the Ouachita Mountains, as did the Texas Bigfoot Research group. Some encounters by Arkansas hunters in the Winona area were originally posted on the Texas Group's web site. That group recently changed their name and website format, and lost some Arkansas reports.

14. Tal_H._Branco

Hunter: Your Dad and Grandpa may have been right. It could have been a cougar. Those animals remained in the State long after "the last one" was killed in Montgomery County in 1947. All the "experts" said it was the last of its kind in the state. (Yes, I remember that, I was 13 at the time. It was the favorite topic of all young woods rats. It was a big male. LOL) It was a little funny when, a few years later, I began seeing cougar tracks while tracking bobcats in the snow up around the Cock Spurs Mountains. (a couple of miles east of Highway 9 at the Perry/Saline County line)

But the doe head may have been taken to the rock by a Bigfoot. There has been a population of these animals in the Ozarks for an untold time. The Native Americans have known of these animals for a very long time. One of their names for the creatures translates as "The Rock People", and another is The Hairy Men or Hairy Tribe. In the Ozarks they often sleep in caves or under limestone overhangs during the hot and cold months. Many, many reports from the Ozarks, including the south Missouri areas.

Thanks for you input,
    Tal

15. Rebel

Rebel Well-Known Member

In a pasture , during daylight , have you ever seen feces being excreted from a male bovine?:fit:

16. timv

timv Well-Known Member

#9, Sulfur river bottoms bout 1987-88, nothing other than that ,but still remember it.

17. possum

possum Moderator<br>2011-12 Deer Hunting Contest Winner<b

1. Have you ever heard - usually at night - a very loud sound "exactly like a woman screaming in great pain or distress", with the sound coming from a remote wooded area not likely to have a woman present?

8. Very early in the morning, or anytime from nightfall to full daylight, have you every had something follow beside you, out of sight but whose footsteps could be heard, and whatever it was walked when you walked and stopped when you stopped?

9. Day or night while hunting, have you ever had the distinct feeling that someone one was watching you, and you began to feel very uneasy or nervous? Was the feeling strong enough that the hair on your arms and/or neck "stood up"?

11. Have you, or any members of your controlled access hunting club, made a killing shot on a deer that managed to get out of the shooter's sight before it fell and bled out, but when the deer was tracked to the spot it died it was missing with no evidence showing that it had been drug away?

12. While hunting the more inaccessible part of the river bottoms or the mountains have you every found the bones or other remains of several different kind of animals or turkeys on the ground near caves or bluff overhangs in the hills or on Indian mounds, swamp islands or in the thickets on high ground in the wetlands bottoms?

That's the questions I can answer Yes to. All of them would have taken place probably in the range of 10-12 years ago in northern Van Buren County in an area known as the Chimney Rocks.

I can answer #'s 1, 8 & 9 with a yes. All occurrences then were in the same area of Faulkner County and multiple times over a period of 5 or 6 weeks of a hunting season 4 years ago when it stopped and I've not experienced it again since. This one I always attributed to a big cat that had been seen by somebody I trust and believe. The Van Buren Co. one I put it off on the same thing being I have seen big cats in that area personally.

18. possum

Just say no and move on cause I already know if ya ain't seen it, it don't exist.

19. trashbag boogier

trashbag boogier Well-Known Member

well i 'aint seen you ' so i guess you dont exist ? what about god? you cant see him so you sayin he dont exist? there's new thing's being found every day around the world . who knows you might be walkin in your yard and get kidnapped by bigfoot :fit::fit::fit:

20. possum

You're trying to be funny but actually echoing exactly what I'm meaning.

Thanks