How Many Pounds of French Fries?

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by fullcredit, Jan 18, 2012.

1. fullcredit

fullcredit Super Moderator<br>2010-11 Deer Hunting Contest Wi

Planning a fish fry at church for about 100 people. In a mixed group, we've always planned on about 1/2 lb fish per person, 3/4 lb if it's all men. I remember that part, but what's the rule for french fries? Gotta be a guideline somewhere..

2. crosscohunter

crosscohunter Well-Known Member

I don't know about the fries, but I think I saw you pulling into the Citgo station on Falls Blvd. in Wynne a few days go. Do you have a white pickup with an ArkansasHunting decal? I was going to stop and say hi but I was in a big hurry.

3. fullcredit

fullcredit Super Moderator<br>2010-11 Deer Hunting Contest Wi

Yep--that sounds like me. White GMC extended cab with a toolbox. You had any hogs this year or did they all drown in the flood?

4. crosscohunter

crosscohunter Well-Known Member

I'm starting to see some sign of rooting, got pictures of 5 on camera and heard soe squealing a few days ago. If the river doesn't rise I'm going to put my trap back up after bow season. I was hoping the big flood drowned them all, but I guess I couldn't be that lucky.

5. Don't know how many pounds...but when is it and is it free? Or...do preachers eat free?

6. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator

NE Ark
    Yep, free food and I'll be there!! :biggrin:

7. Timber Ghost

Timber Ghost Well-Known Member

We used to use a book, when I worked in a cafeteria one time called "food for 50". 4 to 6 oz. was the general rule.

8. limbhanger

limbhanger Well-Known Member

Looks like you better cook 4-5 pounds a head.

9. GotPork

GotPork Select Member<br>Forum Sponsor<br>The Naked Retrei

Ill bring the ketchup!!:eating:

10. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator

NE Ark
    Sounds like FC is getting an AH.net feed party together. :thumb: