Benelli Vinci Opinions

Discussion in 'Guns, Ammunition, and Reloading' started by jas870, Apr 5, 2013.

1. jas870

jas870 Super Member<br>2012-13 Bowhunting Contest Winner

I have an opportunity to get a really good deal on a vinici....almost too good to pass up. but the only way i would be able to get it is to sell my stoeger 3500.

I'm wanting to hear about ya'lls experiences with this gun. I know theyre kinda ugly....but how do they perform?

thanks in advance.

2. luckless

luckless Member Forum Sponsor 2011 Turkey Contest Winner

Is it a super Vinci?

If so - please let me know if you don't bite on the deal. I have no experience with the gun but want one. Only if it's a super Vinci though. Just waiting on the right deal to come along.

3. jas870

sorry luckless...its not the super.

4. luckless

luckless Member Forum Sponsor 2011 Turkey Contest Winner

Well crap.

Like I said - not experience. A guy in my duck lease has a super Vinci and he hasn't had any trouble out of it. Has had it for a couple years now.

5. madduck87

madduck87 Well-Known Member

Safety in front or behind trigger?

6. jas870

its a brand new one. so i assume in front.

7. madduck87

You use to that cause if not? It will throw u for a loop!!!

8. madduck87

When the novas came out I know a lot of 870 guys that tries em and just couldn't get use to it

9. jas870

def not use to that!...but i figure i could get use to it...if the gun is actually a good gun and not all hype.

10. madduck87

I have hunted with a buddies a couple times, safety and the funky guard around the trigger I wast crazy about, but heard good things about em

11. hhunter

hhunter Well-Known Member

Sell the stoeger, buy the Vinci, sell it for a profit, then buy a new purse. That's what you really want anyways.

12. jas870

youre right....whatever keeps your mom happy.....she's firey!!!

13. A friend of mine owns the regular Vinci, he said the way the trigger guard is shaped it is right against your middle finger which absorbs a lot of recoil. After a few vollies it is absolutely uncomfortable. His words not mine, I shoot a Beretta. As far as functionality I haven't heard any complaints on the Vinci.
    The Super Vinci has a reconfigured trigger guard.

14. Razorback123

Razorback123 Super Member<br>The Original BBDH

i absolutely love my vinci!!! and for everyone saying that the trigger gaurd is uncomfortable when your shooting.... i have no clue what yall are talking about lol. I love how easy it is to take apart for cleaning, how it shoots and rarely jams, and the fact that compared to other 12 ga i have shot it kicks like a 20 ga IMO. Sometimes i wish that i had the super vinci so i could shoot 3.5s but other than that i like it alot.

15. jas870

i went and shouldered one on my lunch break.....it felt great...seemed to swing well and pointed good...looks like im gonna have to jump on the deal.

16. madduck87

for price that SOB should shoot and load itself

3.5's it what causes the the odd shaped trigger guard to damn near break middle fingers between the knuckles....old 870's use to do it two but only the 3.5's....ive seen guys bleed from them super vincis shooting 3.5 2's and BB's

17. jas870

:fit: you have a great point!

18. madduck87

AND NEVER EVER FRICKIN JAM!!!!!

for the price of shells and the gun itself.....its should never jam.....cracks me to pay 1200 for a gun that will jam and then go buy a 350 870 or nova not clean it for ten years and then sell it for 300 cause IT NEVER JAMS!!!!!!!!!! Shells too....as much as we pay for shells they should fire kill and eject properly everysingle time!!!! sorry jas rants over

19. madduck87

I believe him.....4 duck hunts last year with a super vinci

[​IMG]

3 inches didnt bother, them 3.5 xpert #2's 1 3/8 ounce.....POUNDED

20. ouch!!!