bayou Meto

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Blazer260, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Blazer260

Blazer260 Well-Known Member

Can't afford the lease this year so I applied for permits on Bayou Meto. Got approved and already paid for them. Now any of you have some inside info on deer hunting it?

2. hogwired44

hogwired44 Well-Known Member

invest into a couple of thermacells

3. arkrem870

arkrem870 Well-Known Member

One thermacell to wedge between your shirt collar/ neck and one for each cargo pocket......

4. quackandmild

quackandmild Well-Known Member

There are some big deer in there. You just have to either get lucky or really walk an area and really try to get as far away from an area and try to out walk everyone else.

5. cuppedup

cuppedup Well-Known Member

Corn the levee's

6. reggie-2-guns

reggie-2-guns Well-Known Member

:fit: and don't be seen....

R2G

7. Clayb710

Clayb710 Well-Known Member

Anywhere down there is good! Just ask anyone on this board. Seriously you just need to plan on doing alot of walking. You will find some if you are willing to put in a few miles.

8. chevyduckhunt

chevyduckhunt Well-Known Member

I believe you can take a boat in if that helps you any. It would let you get a little further back.

9. Jerkstring@HH

Jerkstring@HH Well-Known Member

Best advice, boat in, get as far back away from anything and everything you can. Also gonna need to do a lot of scouting. No quick trips in that place if you want to shoot a swamp donkey. I've been after em for three years and I've only seen em on camera, and never in the day light.

10. madduck87

madduck87 Well-Known Member

ive seen a 150 class 10.....and a 120-130 class 8.....last october was scouting for duck hunting and seen the 10....then while duck hunting the 8 walked up on us

there is definately some big ones in there

11. JohnnieWalker

JohnnieWalker Well-Known Member

Hunted it for the last 15 years. Bow and gun. Best advice I can give you is scout, scout, scout. Boat in and walk a mile for bowhunting. Boat in and walk 2 miles for gun hunting. Bayou Meto is a hard place to pattern deer. That's no joke. I prefer to bow hunt when the water is up. Makes it somewhat easier. For the permit hunt the best advice I can give a man that has no Bayou Meto experience is to walk in a loooong ways and climb 30' up a tree and sit still. Maybe you'll get lucky! Carry a thermacell. That's no joke either. Good luck!

12. JohnnieWalker

JohnnieWalker Well-Known Member

Oh yeah... leave the 300 WSM at home and take a 30-30. Get in the nastiest thicket you can find where you can't see 20 yards. That's where the big boys are hiding during the permit hunts.

13. browning_gold_12

browning_gold_12 Moderator<br>Deer Hunting<br>Trail Cameras<br>'07

hey blazer! Long time no see! You still got the old Lakota? good luck on the BM hunt. Theres some sad daddys in there!

14. Blazer260

Blazer260 Well-Known Member

Hey Browning. As a matter of fact I do still have the Lakota! Rode it last week pond hopping. I gotta get ready for this Deer season.

15. browning_gold_12

browning_gold_12 Moderator<br>Deer Hunting<br>Trail Cameras<br>'07

Good deal!