ATV/UTV places to ride?

Discussion in 'Outdoor Recreation' started by ArkArcher, Mar 14, 2017.

1. ArkArcher

ArkArcher Moderator<br>Bowhunting<br>2011-12 Deer Hunting Co Staff Member

Just got a new sxs (well almost, picking it up wednesday) and looking for places to take the family for saturday rides. Nothing too crazy. Wife and 2 and 4 yo daughters love riding so just good family rides with good scenery. Thanks all!

2. ducksNbucks85

ducksNbucks85 Well-Known Member

Have you been to Carter's offroad park in Alexander?

3. ArkArcher

No, but I live 2 minutes from it. :) Is it more mud, or just riding? I hate mud. Messes stuff up. Ha

4. ducksNbucks85

I've never been but my buddies tell me it's a lot of trails if you want to ride. There are mud trails and mud holes but mostly trail riding. Ill be there for their annual Mud Dayz the second week of May. We have a group of 10 or so going

5. ArkArcher

Yeah we aren't a big fan of the mud dayz around here.:biggrin: I live in the neighborhood next to Carters and it brings in a TON of extra traffic with big trailers and stuff. I'm not quite close enough to hear anything from the actual park, but I'm not a fan of the traffic. but oh well. Its only a weekend and I can live with it. Speaking of that, watch out when you are coming in! There were a bunch of cops sitting and watching all the roads leading up to it last year. :up: Just a heads up.

6. lukas99

lukas99 Well-Known Member

Go up in the national forest at Winona. There's a lot of nice scenery and you can ride a long way.

7. cdgolden

cdgolden Well-Known Member

We've been to Carters several times. There's plenty of mud, but alot of trails also. Most of the mud, you can get around w/out getting into the deep mud. Some of the trails will test your ability - they are really step. There's also a place this side of Hot Springs that's trails. For Hot Springs, you are required to have seat belts for each rider.

8. ducksNbucks85

I appreciate the heads up.

9. geterdone

geterdone Well-Known Member

Carters a new place that just had there 1st annual ride pine canyon park in Cabot off 107 not sure if it will be open every weekend or not ott off road park at the Scott exit NLR haven't been there so not sure if it's a good place for sxs or not but it's free

10. ArkArcher

We are going over the Ouachitas on Saturday to ride the forest service roads. Going around Albert Pike area. Weather looks perfect! highs about 70 and like 90% chance of rain on Friday so shouldn't have any dust. :thumb:

Now just need to get my windshield, roof, and back panel put on. Windshield and back panel should be delivered today.

brushcreek likes this.
  11. ArkGirl

ArkGirl Well-Known Member

Uh...better be very careful. And study the MUV maps. They made changes a few years ago that prohibit ATV riding out where we are now for MUCH of the area.

12. ArkArcher

Yeah I remembered they made some changes not too long ago. I looked at the maps this morning. All the forest service roads are open over where we are going. :thumb: But good thought on checking!

13. ArkGirl

ArkGirl Well-Known Member

Yeah it used to be that you could ride out where we live...but not anymore. It wasn't a really popular spot anyway...but it did help to keep the old logging roads open for us to ride on the horses. Now...with almost no one riding ATV's...and just a few of us with horses/mules...it's getting tough to keep a path worn.

We do occasionally see a few come by our place headed out down Link mountain road...I always wonder if they have any idea the ticket they are risking.